The hallmarks of crisis. A new center-periphery perspective on long cycles
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Marianne Baxter & Robert G. King, 1999.
"Measuring Business Cycles: Approximate Band-Pass Filters For Economic Time Series,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 81(4), pages 575-593, November.
- Marianne Baxter & Robert G. King, 1995. "Measuring Business Cycles Approximate Band-Pass Filters for Economic Time Series," NBER Working Papers 5022, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "BKFILTER: RATS procedure to implement band pass filter using Baxter-King method," Statistical Software Components RTS00026, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Peter Havlik & Olga Pindyuk & Roman Stöllinger, 2009. "Trade in Goods and Services between the EU and the BRICs," wiiw Research Reports 357, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Clark, Todd E. & West, Kenneth D., 2006.
"Using out-of-sample mean squared prediction errors to test the martingale difference hypothesis,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 135(1-2), pages 155-186.
- Todd E. Clark & Kenneth D. West, 2004. "Using out-of-sample mean squared prediction errors to test the Martingale difference hypothesis," Research Working Paper RWP 04-03, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Francois Gourio, 2012. "Disaster Risk and Business Cycles," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(6), pages 2734-2766, October.
- Junttila, Juha, 2001. "Structural breaks, ARIMA model and Finnish inflation forecasts," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 203-230.
- Korotayev Andrey & Grinin Leonid, 2013. "Kondratieff Waves in the World System Perspective," Macroeconomics emanova_elena.12760-kondr, Socionet.
- Claude Diebolt & Michael Haupert, 2018. "Cliometrics," Working Papers of BETA 2018-01, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1992.
"A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 107(2), pages 407-437.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David Weil, 1990. "A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth," Working Papers 1990-24, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1990. "A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 3541, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Granger, C. W. J., 1981. "Some properties of time series data and their use in econometric model specification," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 121-130, May.
- van Ewijk, Casper, 1982. "A Spectral Analysis of the Kondratieff-Cycle," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(3), pages 468-499.
- Robert D. Dittmar & William T. Gavin & Finn E. Kydland, 2005.
"Inflation Persistence And Flexible Prices,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 46(1), pages 245-261, February.
- Robert Dittmar & William Gavin & Finn Kydland, 2002. "Inflation Persistence and Flexible Prices," Computing in Economics and Finance 2002 190, Society for Computational Economics.
- Robert Dittmar & William T. Gavin & Finn E. Kydland, 2004. "Inflation persistence and flexible prices," Working Papers 2001-010, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Robert J. Barro, 2012. "Convergence and Modernization Revisited," NBER Working Papers 18295, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roger Perman & Christophe Tavera, 2005.
"A cross-country analysis of the Okun's Law coefficient convergence in Europe,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(21), pages 2501-2513.
- Christophe Tavéra & Roger Perman, 2005. "A cross-country analysis of the Okun's law coefficient convergence in Europe," Post-Print halshs-00010273, HAL.
- Ian Babetskii & Luboš Komárek & Zlatuše Komárková, 2007.
"Financial Integration of Stock Markets among New EU Member States and the Euro Area,"
Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver),
Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 57(7-8), pages 341-362, September.
- Ian Babetskii & Lubos Komarek & Zlatuse Komarkova, 2007. "Financial Integration of Stock Markets among New EU Member States and the Euro Area," Working Papers 2007/7, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Babecký, Jan & Komárek, Luboš & Komárková, Zlatuše, 2008. "Financial Integration of Stock Markets among New EU Member States and the Euro Area," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 849, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Babecky, Jan & Komarek, Lubos & Komarkova, Zlatuse, 2008. "Financial Integration of Stock Markets among New EU Member States and the Euro Area," Economic Research Papers 269847, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Chor Foon Tang, 2010. "The Money-prices Nexus for Malaysia: New Empirical Evidence from the Time-varying Cointegration and Causality Tests," Global Economic Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(4), pages 383-403.
- Robert J. Barro, 2013. "Health and Economic Growth," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 14(2), pages 329-366, November.
- Paul De Grauwe & Yuemei Ji, 2012. "Mispricing of Sovereign Risk and Macroeconomic Stability in the Eurozone," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(6), pages 866-880, November.
- Maddison, Angus, 2007. "Contours of the World Economy 1-2030 AD: Essays in Macro-Economic History," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199227204.
- Karim Abadir & Gabriel Talmain, 2002.
"Aggregation, Persistence and Volatility in a Macro Model,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 69(4), pages 749-779.
- Karim Abadir & Gabriel Talmain, "undated". "Aggregation, Persistence and Volatility in a Macromodel," Discussion Papers 01/03, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Karim Abadir & Gabriel Talmain, 2001. "Aggregation, Persistence and Volatility in a Macromodel," Working Papers w200106, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Jayati Ghosh & Peter Havlik & Marcos Poplawski-Ribeiro & Waltraut Urban, 2009. "Models of BRICs' Economic Development and Challenges for EU Competitiveness," wiiw Research Reports 359, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- N. D. Kondratieff, 1925. "The Static and the Dynamic View of Economics," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 39(4), pages 575-583.
- Steindl, Josef, 1979. "Stagnation Theory and Stagnation Policy," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(1), pages 1-14, March.
- Crowley, Patrick M., 2010. "Long cycles in growth : explorations using new frequency domain techniques with US data," Research Discussion Papers 6/2010, Bank of Finland.
- Rainer Metz, 2011. "Do Kondratieff waves exist? How time series techniques can help to solve the problem," Cliometrica, Journal of Historical Economics and Econometric History, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC), vol. 5(3), pages 205-238, October.
- Smith, Richard J. & Robert Taylor, A. M., 2001. "Recursive and rolling regression-based tests of the seasonal unit root hypothesis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 105(2), pages 309-336, December.
- William R. Thompson & L. Gary Zuk, 1982. "War, Inflation, and the Kondratieff Long Wave," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 26(4), pages 621-644, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tausch, Arno, 2015.
"Europe’s Refugee Crisis. Zur aktuellen politischen Ökonomie von Migration, Asyl und Integration in Europa
[Europe's Refugee Crisis. On the current political economy of migration, asylum and integra," MPRA Paper 67400, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsKondratieff; Long waves: Business cycles;
- C65 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Miscellaneous Mathematical Tools
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- E37 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-07-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2013-07-28 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-HPE-2013-07-28 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2013-07-28 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PKE-2013-07-28 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:48356. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.