Financial Repression and Housing Investment: An Analysis of the Korean Chonsei
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kim, Jinwon, 2013. "Financial repression and housing investment: An analysis of the Korean chonsei," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 338-358.
References listed on IDEAS
- Navarro, Ignacio & Turnbull, Geoffrey K., 2010. "Antichresis leases: Theory and empirical evidence from the Bolivian experience," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 33-44, January.
- Jeffrey M Wooldridge, 2010.
"Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 2, volume 1, number 0262232588, February.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2001. "Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262232197, August.
- Kim, Kyung-Hwan, 2004. "Housing and the Korean economy," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 321-341, December.
- Brent W. Ambrose & Sunwoong Kim, 2003. "Modeling the Korean Chonsei Lease Contract," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 31(1), pages 53-74, March.
- Cho, Sang-Wook (Stanley), 2010.
"Household wealth accumulation and portfolio choices in Korea,"
Journal of Housing Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 13-25, March.
- Sang-Wook Stanley Cho, 2007. "Household Wealth Accumulation and Portfolio Choices in Korea," Discussion Papers 2007-26, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Lee, Chang-Moo & Chung, Eui-Chul, 2010. "Monthly rent with variable deposit: A new form of rental contract in Korea," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 315-323, December.
- Brueckner, Jan K, 1997. "Consumption and Investment Motives and the Portfolio Choices of Homeowners," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 159-180, October.
- Kim, Kyung-Hwan, 1990. "An analysis of inefficiency due to inadequate mortgage financing: The case of Seoul, Korea," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 371-390, November.
- Skelley, Chris, 1998. "Rent control and complete contract equilibria," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 711-743, November.
- Henderson, J Vernon & Ioannides, Yannis M, 1983. "A Model of Housing Tenure Choice," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(1), pages 98-113, March.
- Gyourko, Joseph & Han, Jaehye Kim, 1989. "Housing wealth, housing finance, and tenure in Korea," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 211-234, May.
- Brueckner, Jan K., 1994. "The Demand for Mortgage Debt: Some Basic Results," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 251-262, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Moon, Byunggeor, 2018. "Housing investment, default risk, and expectations: Focusing on the chonsei market in Korea," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 80-90.
- Lee, Junhee & Song, Joonhyuk, 2015. "Housing and business cycles in Korea: A multi-sector Bayesian DSGE approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 99-108.
- So Jung Hwang & Hyunduk Suh, 2018. "Analyzing Dynamic Connectedness in Korean Housing Markets," Inha University IBER Working Paper Series 2018-4, Inha University, Institute of Business and Economic Research.
More about this item
KeywordsChonsei; Korean housing market; Financial repression; Household saving; Tenure choice;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
- R31 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Housing Supply and Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:47586. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.