Housing subsidy or parental support: Crowding-out effect of mortgage tax deduction
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Becker, Gary S, 1974. "A Theory of Social Interactions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1063-1093, Nov.-Dec..
- Barro, Robert J, 1974. "Are Government Bonds Net Wealth?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1095-1117, Nov.-Dec..
- Gary V. Engelhardt & Christopher J. Mayer, 1994. "Gifts for home purchase and housing market behavior," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue May, pages 47-58.
- Andreja Cirman, 2008. "Intergenerational Transfers as a Response to Changes in the Housing Market in Slovenia," International Journal of Housing Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 303-315.
- Bernheim, B Douglas & Shleifer, Andrei & Summers, Lawrence H, 1986.
"The Strategic Bequest Motive,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(3), pages 151-182, July.
- Kristopher Gerardi & Yuping Tsai, 2014.
"The Effect of Social Entitlement Programmes on Private Transfers: New Evidence of Crowding Out,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 81(324), pages 721-746, October.
- Kristopher S. Gerardi & Yuping Tsai, 2010. "The effect of social entitlement programs on private transfers: new evidence of crowding out," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2010-15, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Ken Yamada, 2006.
"Intra-family transfers in Japan: intergenerational co-residence, distance, and contact,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(16), pages 1839-1861.
- Ken Yamada, 2003. "Intra-family Transfers in Japan: Intergenerational Co-residence, Distance, andContact," ISER Discussion Paper 0575, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Yin, Ting, 2010.
"Parent-child co-residence and bequest motives in China,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 521-531, December.
- Ting Yin, 2009. "Parent-Child Co-residence and Bequest Motives in China," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 09-26, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Hanson, Andrew, 2012. "Size of home, homeownership, and the mortgage interest deduction," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 195-210.
- Cox, Donald, 1987. "Motives for Private Income Transfers," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(3), pages 508-546, June.
- Juarez, Laura, 2009. "Crowding out of private support to the elderly: Evidence from a demogrant in Mexico," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(3-4), pages 454-463, April.
- Andreja Cirman, 2008. "Intergenerational Transfers as a Response to Changes in the Housing Market in Slovenia," European Journal of Housing Policy, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 303-315.
More about this item
Keywordsintergenerational transfer; crowding out; mortgage tax deduction;
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-05-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-PBE-2013-05-05 (Public Economics)
- NEP-URE-2013-05-05 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:46647. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .