A Historical Evaluation of Financial Accelerator Effects in Japan's Economy
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hitoshi Fuchi & Ichiro Muto & Hiroshi Ugai, 2005. "A Historical Evaluation of Financial Accelerator Effects in Japan's Economy," Bank of Japan Working Paper Series 05-E-8, Bank of Japan.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 2001. "Should Central Banks Respond to Movements in Asset Prices?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 253-257, May.
- Lawrence H. Summers, 1991. "Panel discussion: price stability ; How should long-term monetary policy be determined?," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 625-631.
- Gilchrist, Simon & Leahy, John V., 2002. "Monetary policy and asset prices," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 75-97, January.
- Baba, Naohiko & Nishioka, Shinichi & Oda, Nobuyuki & Shirakawa, Masaaki & Ueda, Kazuo & Ugai, Hiroshi, 2005.
"Japan's Deflation, Problems in the Financial System, and Monetary Policy,"
Monetary and Economic Studies,
Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 23(1), pages 47-111, February.
- Naohiko Baba & Shinichi Nishioka & Nobuyuki Oda & Masaaki Shirakawa & Kazuo Ueda & Hiroshi Ugai, 2005. "Japan's deflation, problems in the financial system and monetary policy," BIS Working Papers 188, Bank for International Settlements.
- Nakakuki, Masayuki & Otani, Akira & Shiratsuka, Shigenori, 2004.
"Distortions in Factor Markets and Structural Adjustments in the Economy,"
Monetary and Economic Studies,
Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 22(2), pages 71-99, May.
- Masayuki Nakakuki & Akira Otani & Shigenori Shiratsuka, 2004. "Distortions in Factor Markets and Structural Adjustments in the Economy," Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series d04-26, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Müller, Gernot J. & Meier, André, 2005. "Fleshing out the monetary transmission mechanism: output composition and the role of financial frictions," Working Paper Series 500, European Central Bank.
- Raf Wouters & Frank Smets, 2005.
"Comparing shocks and frictions in US and euro area business cycles: a Bayesian DSGE Approach,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(2), pages 161-183.
- Smets, Frank & Wouters, Raf, 2004. "Comparing shocks and frictions in US and euro area business cycles: a Bayesian DSGE approach," Working Paper Series 391, European Central Bank.
- Frank Smets & Raf Wouters, 2004. "Comparing shocks and frictions in US and euro area business cycles: a Bayesian DSGE approach," Working Paper Research 61, National Bank of Belgium.
- Smets, Frank & Wouters, Rafael, 2004. "Comparing Shocks and Frictions in US and Euro Area Business Cycles: A Bayesian DSGE Approach," CEPR Discussion Papers 4750, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bernanke, Ben S. & Gertler, Mark & Gilchrist, Simon, 1999.
"The financial accelerator in a quantitative business cycle framework,"
Handbook of Macroeconomics,in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 21, pages 1341-1393
- Bernanke, B. & Gertler, M. & Gilchrist, S., 1998. "The Financial Accelerator in a Quantitative Business Cycle Framework," Working Papers 98-03, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Ben Bernanke & Mark Gertler & Simon Gilchrist, 1998. "The Financial Accelerator in a Quantitative Business Cycle Framework," NBER Working Papers 6455, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew T. Levin & Fabio M. Natalucci & Egon Zakrajsek, 2004.
"The magnitude and cyclical behavior of financial market frictions,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2004-70, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- (Kim | Lopez-Salido | Swanson) & Andrew Levin, 2004. "The magnitude and Cyclical Behavior of Financial Market Frictions," Computing in Economics and Finance 2004 224, Society for Computational Economics.
- Andrew T. Levin & Fabio M. Natalucci, 2005. "The Magnitude and Cyclical Behavior of Financial Market Frictions," 2005 Meeting Papers 443, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- George A. Akerlof & William R. Dickens & George L. Perry, 1996. "The Macroeconomics of Low Inflation," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 27(1), pages 1-76.
- Ali Dib & Ian Christensen, 2005.
"Monetary Policy in an Estimated DSGE Model with a Financial Accelerator,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 2005
314, Society for Computational Economics.
- Ian Christensen & Ali Dib, 2006. "Monetary Policy in an Estimated DSGE Model with a Financial Accelerator," Staff Working Papers 06-9, Bank of Canada.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-708, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ichiro Fukunaga, 2002. "Financial Accelerator Effects in Japan's Business Cycles," Bank of Japan Working Paper Series Research and Statistics D, Bank of Japan.
- Simon Hall & Anne Vila Wetherilt, 2002. "The role of corporate balance sheets and bank lending policies in a financial accelerator framework," Bank of England working papers 166, Bank of England.
- Nishizaki, Kenji & Watanabe, Tsutomu, 2000. "Output-Inflation Trade-Off at Near-Zero Inflation Rates," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 304-326, December.
- Summers, Lawrence, 1991. "How Should Long-Term Monetary Policy Be Determined? Panel Discussion," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 23(3), pages 625-631, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- YANO Koiti, 2009. "Dynamic Stochastic General Equilibrium Models Under a Liquidity Trap and Self-organizing State Space Modeling," ESRI Discussion paper series 206, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Sohei Kaihatsu & Takushi Kurozumi, 2014.
"Sources of Business Fluctuations: Financial or Technology Shocks?,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 17(2), pages 224-242, April.
- Sohei Kaihatsu & Takushi Kurozumi, 2010. "Sources of Business Fluctuations: Financial or Technology Shocks?," Bank of Japan Working Paper Series 10-E-12, Bank of Japan.
- Rod Tyers & Jenny Corbett, 2012.
"Japan's economic slowdown and its global implications: a review of the economic modelling,"
Asian-Pacific Economic Literature,
Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 26(2), pages 1-28, November.
- Rod Tyers & Jenny Corbett, 2011. "Japan's Economic Slowdown and its Global Implications: A Review of the Economic Modelling," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 11-19, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Zulkhibri, 2013. "Corporate Investment Behaviour and Monetary Policy: Evidence from Firm-level Data for Malaysia," Global Economic Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(3), pages 269-290, September.
- Hiroshi Ugai, 2007. "Effects of the Quantitative Easing Policy: A Survey of Empirical Analyses," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 25(1), pages 1-48, March.
- Hiroshi Ugai, 2006. "Effects of the Quantitative Easing Policy: A Survey of Empirical Analyses," Bank of Japan Working Paper Series 06-E-10, Bank of Japan.
- J. Boeckx & P. Butzen & N. Cordemans & S. Ide, 2015. "Deflation in Japan, Abenomics and lessons for the euro area," Economic Review, National Bank of Belgium, issue i, pages 100-124, June.
- Yasuo Hirose, 2008. "Equilibrium Indeterminacy and Asset Price Fluctuation in Japan: A Bayesian Investigation," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 40(5), pages 967-999, August.
More about this item
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- E30 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:4648. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.