Monitoring of Credit Risk through the Cycle: Risk Indicators
The new Credit Risk Indicator (CRI) based on credit rating migration matrices is introduced. We demonstrate strong correlation between CRI and a number of defaults through several business cycles. The new model for the simulation of the annual number of defaults, based on the 1st quarter CRI data, is proposed.
|Date of creation:||02 Mar 2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ormerod, Paul, 2004. "Information cascades and the distribution of economic recessions in capitalist economies," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 341(C), pages 556-568.
- Carstensen Kai & Wohlrabe Klaus & Ziegler Christina, 2011.
"Predictive Ability of Business Cycle Indicators under Test: A Case Study for the Euro Area Industrial Production,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
De Gruyter, vol. 231(1), pages 82-106, February.
- Kai Carstensen & Klaus Wohlrabe & Christina Ziegler, 2010. "Predictive Ability of Business Cycle Indicators under Test: A Case Study for the Euro Area Industrial Production," CESifo Working Paper Series 3158, CESifo Group Munich.
- Carstensen, Kai & Wohlrabe, Klaus & Ziegler, Christina, 2011. "Predictive ability of business cycle indicators under test: A case study for the Euro area industrial production," Munich Reprints in Economics 19953, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Carstensen, Kai & Wohlrabe, Klaus & Ziegler, Christina, 2010. "Predictive Ability of Business Cycle Indicators under Test: A Case Study for the Euro Area Industrial Production," Discussion Papers in Economics 11442, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Christina Ziegler, 2009. "Testing Predicitive Ability of Business Cycle Indicators for the Euro Area," ifo Working Paper Series 69, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Paul Ormerod, 2004. "Information cascades and the distribution of economic recessions in the United States," Papers cond-mat/0402648, arXiv.org. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:46402. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.