From Marxian school of economic thought to system paradigm in economic studies: the institutional matrices theory
The paper discusses some theoretical-methodological basis for the institutional change analysis in transitional countries. First, the paper shows the specific approach of the Marxian school of economic thought to the analysis of social and economic institutions. Second, the most general features of the system paradigm in economic theory (Kornai, 1998) are presented. Third, the institutional matrices theory, or IMT (Кирдина, 2001; Kirdina, 2001, 2010, etc.), developing Marxian approach and systemic ideas, is presented. An explanatory power of IMT is shown by the analysis of post-soviet reforms in Russia and East-European countries.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Montenegrin Journal of Economics Number 2.8(2012): pp. 53-71|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Veselin Draskovic & Mimo Draskovic, 2012. "Institutional Nihilism As A Basis For Anti-Development Policy," Montenegrin Journal of Economics, Economic Laboratory for Transition Research (ELIT), vol. 8(1), pages 119-136.
- Bagrat Yerznkyan, 2012. "Institutional Economics At The Crossroads: A View From Russia," Montenegrin Journal of Economics, Economic Laboratory for Transition Research (ELIT), vol. 8(1), pages 27-45.
- Vladimir Popov, 2000. "Shock Therapy Versus Gradualism: The End Of The Debate (Explaining The Magnitude Of Transformational Recession)," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 42(1), pages 1-57, April.
- Veblen, Thorstein, 1898. "Why Economics is not an Evolutionary Science," History of Economic Thought Articles, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, vol. 12.
- Kirdina, Svetlana, 2012.
"From Marxian school of economic thought to system paradigm in economic studies: the institutional matrices theory,"
42998, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Svetlana Kirdina, 2012. "From Marxian School Of Economic Thought To System Paradigm In Economic Studies: The Institutional Matrices Theory," Montenegrin Journal of Economics, Economic Laboratory for Transition Research (ELIT), vol. 8(2), pages 53-71.
- Grzegorz Kolodko, 2005. "Transition To A Market. Why Gradualism Works And Radicalism Fails?," Montenegrin Journal of Economics, Economic Laboratory for Transition Research (ELIT), vol. 1(1), pages 19-25.
- Kirdina, Svetlana, 2010. "Prospects of liberalization for S&T policies in Russia: institutional analysis," MPRA Paper 23270, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kenneth J. Arrow, 2000. "Economic Transition: Speed and Scope," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 156(1), pages 9-, March.
- Douglass C. North, 2000. "Big-Bang Transformations of Economic Systems - An Introductory Note," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 156(1), pages 3-, March.
- Anders Åslund & Peter Boone & Simon Johnson, 1996. "How to Stabilize: Lessons from Post -communist Countries," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 27(1), pages 217-314.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:42998. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.