CEO Compensation and Bank Performance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lewellen, Wilbur G & Huntsman, Blaine, 1970. "Managerial Pay and Corporate Performance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(4), pages 710-720, September.
- Anup Agrawal & Anil K. Makhija & Gershon Mandelker, 1991. "Executive Compensation and Corporate Performance in Electric and Gas Utilities," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 20(4), Winter.
- Mahmoud M. Nourayi & Frank P. Daroca, 2008. "CEO compensation, firm performance and operational characteristics," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 34(8), pages 562-584, July.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Conyon, Martin & Gregg, Paul & Machin, Stephen, 1995. "Taking Care of Business, Executive Compensation in the United Kingdom," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(430), pages 704-714, May.
- Nalinaksha Bhattacharyya & Amin Mawani & Cameron K.J. Morrill, 2008. "Dividend payout and executive compensation: theory and Canadian evidence," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 34(8), pages 585-601, July.
- Cosh, Andrew, 1975. "The Remuneration of Chief Executives in the United Kingdom," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 85(337), pages 75-94, March.
- Giorgio Canarella & Arman Gasparyan, 2008. "New insights into executive compensation and firm performance: Evidence from a panel of “new economy” firms, 1996-2002," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 34(8), pages 537-554, July.
- Murphy, Kevin J., 1999. "Executive compensation," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.),Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 38, pages 2485-2563, Elsevier.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1980. "Agency Problems and the Theory of the Firm," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(2), pages 288-307, April.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Francisco Nunes, 2007. "Governance and CEO pay and performance in non-profit organizations," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 34(11), pages 811-827, October.
More about this item
KeywordsCompensation; Corporate Governance; Corporate Control; Return on Assets; Return on Investment;
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2013-11-29 (Banking)
- NEP-EFF-2013-11-29 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-HRM-2013-11-29 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:42402. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.