Budget transparency and fiscal performance: Do open budgets matter?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Lucie Sedmihradská & Jakub Haas, 2013. "Budget Transparency and Fiscal Performance: Do Open Budgets Matter?," ACTA VSFS, University of Finance and Administration, vol. 7(2), pages 109-122.
References listed on IDEAS
- Isabelle Joumard & Per Mathis Kongsrud & Young-Sook Nam & Robert Price, 2004. "Enhancing the Cost Effectiveness of Public Spending: Experience in OECD Countries," OECD Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2003(2), pages 109-161.
- Dollery, Brian E & Worthington, Andrew C, 1996. " The Empirical Analysis of Fiscal Illusion," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(3), pages 261-297, September.
- Alt, James E. & Lassen, David Dreyer, 2006. "Fiscal transparency, political parties, and debt in OECD countries," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(6), pages 1403-1439, August.
- International Monetary Fund, 2005. "Fiscal Transparency and Economic Outcomes," IMF Working Papers 05/225, International Monetary Fund.
- Rose, Shanna, 2010. "Institutions and Fiscal Sustainability," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 63(4), pages 807-837, December.
More about this item
Keywordsbudget transparency; fiscal performance; Open Budget Index;
- J88 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Standards - - - Public Policy
- H61 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Budget; Budget Systems
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-11-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-PBE-2012-11-03 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2012-11-03 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:42260. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .