Methodological mistakes and econometric consequences
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Asad Zaman, 2012. "Methodological Mistakes and Econometric Consequences," International Econometric Review (IER), Econometric Research Association, vol. 4(2), pages 99-122, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Atiq-ur-Rehman, 2011.
"Impact of Model Specification Decisions on Unit Root Tests,"
International Econometric Review (IER),
Econometric Research Association, vol. 3(2), pages 22-33, September.
- Atiq-ur-Rehman, Atiq-ur-Rehman & Zaman, Asad, 2009. "Impact of Model Specification Decisions on Unit Root Tests," MPRA Paper 19963, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Leamer, Edward E, 1983. "Let's Take the Con Out of Econometrics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(1), pages 31-43, March.
- Asad Zaman, 2010. "Causal Relations via Econometrics," International Econometric Review (IER), Econometric Research Association, vol. 2(1), pages 36-56, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sultan Mehmood, 2014.
"Terrorism and the macroeconomy: Evidence from Pakistan,"
Defence and Peace Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(5), pages 509-534, October.
- Mehmood, Sultan, 2013. "Terrorism and the macroeconomy: Evidence from Pakistan," MPRA Paper 44546, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:erh:journl:v:9:y:2017:i:2:p:50-68 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hussain, Anwar & Rahman, Muhammad & Memon, Junaid Alam, 2016. "Forecasting electricity consumption in Pakistan: the way forward," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 73-80.
More about this item
KeywordsEconometric Methodology; logical positivism; realism; causality; VAR models; Forecasting; surprise; goodness of fit;
- B16 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Quantitative and Mathematical
- C19 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2012-09-09 (Econometrics)
- NEP-HME-2012-09-09 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:41032. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.