Renminbi Internationalisation: A Primer
This paper provides a succinct introduction to the internationalisation of the renminbi, a subject of increasing importance in the economics of China. It attempts to shed light on the following questions: Why do non-Chinese residents have incentives to hold renminbi-denominated assets and liabilities? How do non-Chinese residents acquire renminbi-denominated assets and liabilities? Does this not require convertibility of the renminbi under the capital account of the balance of payments? What are the roles of official policies and market forces in driving the process of renminbi internationalisation?
|Date of creation:||31 Jul 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dong He & Robert N. McCauley, 2010.
"Offshore Markets for the Domestic Currency: Monetary and Financial Stability Issues,"
1002, Hong Kong Monetary Authority.
- Dong He & Robert McCauley, 2010. "Offshore markets for the domestic currency: monetary and financial stability issues," BIS Working Papers 320, Bank for International Settlements.
- Dong He & Robert N McCauley, 2012. "Eurodollar banking and currency internationalisation," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, June.
- Yin‐Wong Cheung & Guonan Ma & Robert N. McCauley, 2011. "Renminbising China'S Foreign Assets," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(1), pages 1-17, 02.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Guonan Ma & Robert N. McCauley, 2010. "Renminbising China's Foreign Assets," Working Papers 162010, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Guonan Ma & Robert N. McCauley, 2010. "Renminbising China's Foreign Assets," CESifo Working Paper Series 3009, CESifo Group Munich.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:40672. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.