Relationship between Consumer Price Index (CPI) and Government Bonds
This study examines the association between the daily investments in government bonds with Consumer price index (CPI) for Pakistani space for the period beginning from July 2001 to September 2009. The findings significantly supports the proposition that consumer price index (CPI) has an association with the investments in government bonds and also the non-seasonal investments in government bonds for lag 1 also effects the investment in government bonds for the current period.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Publication status:||Published in South Asian Journal of Management Sciences (SAJMS) 1.3(2012): pp. 11-14|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Campbell, John Y & Ammer, John, 1993.
" What Moves the Stock and Bond Markets? A Variance Decomposition for Long-Term Asset Returns,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(1), pages 3-37, March.
- John Y. Campbell & John Ammer, 1991. "What Moves the Stock and Bond Markets? A Variance Decomposition for Long-Term Asset Returns," NBER Working Papers 3760, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Campbell, J.Y. & Ammer, J., 1991. "What Moves The Stock And Bond Markets? A Variance Decomposition For Long- Term Asset Returns," Papers 127, Princeton, Department of Economics - Financial Research Center.
- Ammer, John & Campbell, John, 1993. "What Moves the Stock and Bond Markets? A Variance Decomposition for Long-Term Asset Returns," Scholarly Articles 3382857, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Ilmanen, Antti, 1995. " Time-Varying Expected Returns in International Bond Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(2), pages 481-506, June.
- Dennis W. Carlton, 1983. "Futures Trading, Market Interrelationships, and Industry Structure," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 65(2), pages 380-387.
- John H. Cochrane & Monika Piazzesi, 2005. "Bond Risk Premia," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(1), pages 138-160, March.
- John H. Cochrane & Monika Piazzesi, 2002. "Bond Risk Premia," NBER Working Papers 9178, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Smirlock, Michael, 1986. "Inflation Announcements and Financial Market Reaction: Evidence from the Long-term Bond Market," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(2), pages 329-333, May.
- Moon K. Kim & Ravi Shukla, 2006. "Inflation and bond-stock characteristics of international security returns," International Journal of Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 2(3), pages 241-251, September.
- Michael Smirlock, 1986. "Inflation announcements and financial market reaction: evidence from the long-term bond market," Working Papers 86-6, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:40385. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.