Autocorrelation in economic indicators before and after Natural Disaster
This study investigates the autocorrelation in economic indicators of Pakistan before and after Natural disaster in the light of variables, which includes GDP (deflator), Inflation (CPI), Money supply (M2), Remittances and Net export (X-M). This study considers the data for the period of 1989-2009. In this study, data has been divided into two sets; first having a data for the period of 1989-2005 for before earthquake and second has a data for the period of 2006-2009 for after earthquake. The findings of this paper reveal that all of the major economical players of Pakistan as stated above do follow the certain upward trend for the period before natural disasters. While, after the event of natural disasters these major players have no certain trend and they move randomly.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Publication status:||Published in South Asian Journal of Management Sciences (SAJMS) 1.6(2012): pp. 1-4|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Noy, Ilan, 2009. "The macroeconomic consequences of disasters," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 221-231, March.
- Tobias N. Rasmussen, 2004. "Macroeconomic Implications of Natural Disasters in the Caribbean," IMF Working Papers 04/224, International Monetary Fund.
- Mark Skidmore & Hideki Toya, 2002. "Do Natural Disasters Promote Long-Run Growth?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 40(4), pages 664-687, October.
- Raddatz, Claudio, 2007.
"Are external shocks responsible for the instability of output in low-income countries?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 155-187, September.
- Raddatz, Claudio, 2005. "Are external shocks responsible for the instability of output in low income countries?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3680, The World Bank.
- Fearon, James D, 2003. "Ethnic and Cultural Diversity by Country," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 195-222, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:40379. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.