Assessing the macroeconomic impacts of natural disasters : are there any ?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Noy, Ilan, 2009. "The macroeconomic consequences of disasters," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 221-231, March.
- Céline Charvériat, 2000. "Natural Disasters in Latin America and the Caribbean: An Overview of Risk," Research Department Publications 4233, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Gulasekaran Rajaguru & Tilak Abeysinghe, 2004.
"Quarterly real GDP estimates for China and ASEAN4 with a forecast evaluation,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(6), pages 431-447.
- Tilak Abeysinghe & Gulasekaran Rajaguru, 2003. "Quarterly Real GDP Estimates for China and ASEAN4 with a Forecast Evaluation," Departmental Working Papers wp0404, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- Mark Skidmore & Hideki Toya, 2002. "Do Natural Disasters Promote Long-Run Growth?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 40(4), pages 664-687, October.
- Raddatz, Claudio, 2007.
"Are external shocks responsible for the instability of output in low-income countries?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 155-187, September.
- Raddatz, Claudio, 2005. "Are external shocks responsible for the instability of output in low income countries?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3680, The World Bank.
- Matthew E. Kahn, 2005. "The Death Toll from Natural Disasters: The Role of Income, Geography, and Institutions," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 87(2), pages 271-284, May.
- Jose Miguel Albala-Bertrand, 2006. "The Unlikeliness of an Economic Catastrophe: Localization & Globalization," Working Papers 576, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Albala-Bertrand, J. M., 1993. "Political Economy of Large Natural Disasters: With Special Reference to Developing Countries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198287650.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kirchberger, Martina, 2017. "Natural disasters and labor markets," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 40-58.
- -, 2014. "Handbook for disaster assessment," Libros y Documentos Institucionales, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), number 36823 edited by Eclac, February.
- Eduardo Cavallo & Ilan Noy, 2009.
"The Economics of Natural Disasters: A Survey,"
Research Department Publications
4649, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Eduardo Cavallo & Ilan Noy, 2009. "The Economics of Natural Disasters - A Survey," Working Papers 200919, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Eduardo A. Cavallo & Ilan Noy, 2009. "The Economics of Natural Disasters: A Survey," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1664, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Bourdeau-Brien, Michael & Kryzanowski, Lawrence, 2017. "The impact of natural disasters on the stock returns and volatilities of local firms," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 259-270.
- Felbermayr, Gabriel & Gröschl, Jasmin, 2014.
"Naturally negative: The growth effects of natural disasters,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 92-106.
- Gabriel Felbermayr & Jasmin Katrin Gröschl, 2013. "Naturally Negative: The Growth Effects of Natural Disasters," CESifo Working Paper Series 4439, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ouattara, Bazoumana & Strobl, Eric, 2013.
"The fiscal implications of hurricane strikes in the Caribbean,"
Elsevier, pages 105-115.
- Bazoumana Ouattara & Eric Strobl, 2014. "The Fiscal Implications of Hurricane Strikes in the Caribbean," Working Papers 2014-70, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Kousky, Carolyn, 2014. "Informing climate adaptation: A review of the economic costs of natural disasters," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 576-592.
- Bowen, Alex & Cochrane, Sarah & Fankhauser, Samuel, 2012. "Climate change, adaptation and economic growth," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 39939, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Breckner, Miriam & Englmaier, Florian & Stowasser, Till & Sunde, Uwe, 2016. "Resilience to natural disasters — Insurance penetration, institutions, and disaster types," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 106-110.
- Rémi Generoso, 2012. "Transferts de fonds et résilience des pays d'Afrique de l'Ouest face à la variabilité des précipitations : une perspective macroéconomique," Working Papers hal-00830021, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsNatural Disasters; Economic Theory&Research; Hazard Risk Management; Disaster Management; Currencies and Exchange Rates;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:4968. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .