Assessing the macroeconomic impacts of natural disasters : are there any ?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Noy, Ilan, 2009. "The macroeconomic consequences of disasters," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 221-231, March.
- Céline Charvériat, 2000. "Natural Disasters in Latin America and the Caribbean: An Overview of Risk," Research Department Publications 4233, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Gulasekaran Rajaguru & Tilak Abeysinghe, 2004.
"Quarterly real GDP estimates for China and ASEAN4 with a forecast evaluation,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(6), pages 431-447.
- Tilak Abeysinghe & Gulasekaran Rajaguru, 2003. "Quarterly Real GDP Estimates for China and ASEAN4 with a Forecast Evaluation," Departmental Working Papers wp0404, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- Mark Skidmore & Hideki Toya, 2002. "Do Natural Disasters Promote Long-Run Growth?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 40(4), pages 664-687, October.
- Raddatz, Claudio, 2007.
"Are external shocks responsible for the instability of output in low-income countries?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 155-187, September.
- Raddatz, Claudio, 2005. "Are external shocks responsible for the instability of output in low income countries?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3680, The World Bank.
- Matthew E. Kahn, 2005. "The Death Toll from Natural Disasters: The Role of Income, Geography, and Institutions," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 87(2), pages 271-284, May.
- Jose Miguel Albala-Bertrand, 2006. "The Unlikeliness of an Economic Catastrophe: Localization & Globalization," Working Papers 576, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Albala-Bertrand, J. M., 1993. "Political Economy of Large Natural Disasters: With Special Reference to Developing Countries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198287650.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Breckner, Miriam & Englmaier, Florian & Stowasser, Till & Sunde, Uwe, 2016.
"Resilience to natural disasters — Insurance penetration, institutions, and disaster types,"
Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 106-110.
- Breckner, Miriam & Englmaier, Florian & Stowasser, Till & Sunde, Uwe, 2016. "Resilience to natural disasters Insurance penetration, institutions, and disaster types," Munich Reprints in Economics 43492, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Daniel Albalate & Gabriel R. Padró-Rosario, 2018. "“The Economic Cost of A Hurricane: A Case Study of Puerto Rico and Hurricane Georges 1998 Using Synthetic Control Method”," IREA Working Papers 201827, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Nov 2018.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:146:y:2018:i:c:p:1-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kirchberger, Martina, 2017. "Natural disasters and labor markets," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 40-58.
- -, 2014. "Handbook for disaster assessment," Libros y Documentos Institucionales, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), number 36823 edited by Eclac.
- Eduardo Cavallo & Ilan Noy, 2009.
"The Economics of Natural Disasters: A Survey,"
Research Department Publications
4649, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Eduardo Cavallo & Ilan Noy, 2009. "The Economics of Natural Disasters - A Survey," Working Papers 200919, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Eduardo A. Cavallo & Ilan Noy, 2009. "The Economics of Natural Disasters: A Survey," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1664, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Ouattara, Bazoumana & Strobl, Eric, 2013.
"The fiscal implications of hurricane strikes in the Caribbean,"
Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 105-115.
- Bazoumana Ouattara & Eric Strobl, 2014. "The Fiscal Implications of Hurricane Strikes in the Caribbean," Working Papers 2014-70, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Kousky, Carolyn, 2014. "Informing climate adaptation: A review of the economic costs of natural disasters," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 576-592.
- Bowen, Alex & Cochrane, Sarah & Fankhauser, Samuel, 2012. "Climate change, adaptation and economic growth," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 39939, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Bourdeau-Brien, Michael & Kryzanowski, Lawrence, 2017. "The impact of natural disasters on the stock returns and volatilities of local firms," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 259-270.
- Yonson, Rio & Noy, Ilan, 2018.
"Measurement of economic welfare risk and resilience of the Philippine regions,"
Working Paper Series
6963, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Rio Yonson & Ilan Noy, 2018. "Measurement of Economic Welfare Risk and Resilience of the Philippine Regions," CESifo Working Paper Series 6953, CESifo Group Munich.
- Felbermayr, Gabriel & Gröschl, Jasmin, 2014.
"Naturally negative: The growth effects of natural disasters,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 92-106.
- Gabriel Felbermayr & Jasmin Katrin Gröschl, 2013. "Naturally Negative: The Growth Effects of Natural Disasters," CESifo Working Paper Series 4439, CESifo Group Munich.
- Rémi Generoso, 2012. "Transferts de fonds et résilience des pays d'Afrique de l'Ouest face à la variabilité des précipitations : une perspective macroéconomique," Working Papers hal-00830021, HAL.
- Hideki Toya & Mark Skidmore, 2014. "Do Natural Disasters Enhance Societal Trust?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(2), pages 255-279, May.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:8:p:2850-:d:163169 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsNatural Disasters; Economic Theory&Research; Hazard Risk Management; Disaster Management; Currencies and Exchange Rates;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:4968. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.