Volatile Capital Flows and a Route to Financial Crisis in South Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert Pollin & Gerald Epstein & James Heintz & Léonce Ndikumana, 2006. "An Employment-targeted Economic Programme for South Africa," Country Study 1, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Rex A. McKenzie, 2011. "Casino Capitalism with Derivatives: Fragility and Instability in Contemporary Finance," Review of Radical Political Economics, Union for Radical Political Economics, vol. 43(2), pages 198-215, June.
- Juan Antonio Montecino & Jose Antonio Cordero, 2010. "Capital Controls and Monetary Policy in Developing Countries," CEPR Reports and Issue Briefs 2010-10, Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Jeffrey Frankel, 2007.
"On The Rand: Determinants Of The South African Exchange Rate,"
South African Journal of Economics,
Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 75(3), pages 425-441, September.
- Jeffrey Frankel, 2007. "On the Rand: Determinants of the South African Exchange Rate," NBER Working Papers 13050, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey Frankel, 2007. "On the Rand: Determinants of the South African Exchange Rate," CID Working Papers 139, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Frankel, Jeffrey, 2007. "On the Rand: Determinants of the South African Exchange Rate," Working Paper Series rwp07-015, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Karwowski, Ewa & Stockhammer, Engelbert, 2016.
"Financialisation in Emerging Economies: A Systematic Overview and Comparison with Anglo-Saxon Economies,"
Economics Discussion Papers
2016-11, School of Economics, Kingston University London.
- Ewa Karwowski & Engelbert Stockhammer, 2016. "Financialisation in emerging economies: a systematic overview and comparison with Anglo-Saxon economies," Working Papers PKWP1616, Post Keynesian Economics Study Group (PKSG).
- Karwowski, Ewa, 2017.
"Corporate financialisation in South Africa: From investment strike to housing bubble,"
Economics Discussion Papers
2017-7, School of Economics, Kingston University London.
- Ewa Karwowski, 2017. "Corporate financialisation in South Africa: From investment strike to housing bubble," Working Papers PKWP1708, Post Keynesian Economics Study Group (PKSG).
- Emmanuel Owusu-Sekyere, 2016. "The impact of monetary policy on household consumption in South Africa. Evidence from Vector Autoregressive Techniques," Working Papers 598, Economic Research Southern Africa.
More about this item
Keywordsmonetary policy; capital flows; capital controls;
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2012-07-29 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2012-07-29 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2012-07-29 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:40119. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .