Volatile Capital Flows and a Route to Financial Crisis in South Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert Pollin & Gerald Epstein & James Heintz & Léonce Ndikumana, 2006. "An Employment-targeted Economic Programme for South Africa," Country Study 1, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Rex A. McKenzie, 2011. "Casino Capitalism with Derivatives: Fragility and Instability in Contemporary Finance," Review of Radical Political Economics, Union for Radical Political Economics, vol. 43(2), pages 198-215, June.
- Juan Antonio Montecino & Jose Antonio Cordero, 2010. "Capital Controls and Monetary Policy in Developing Countries," CEPR Reports and Issue Briefs 2010-10, Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Jeffrey Frankel, 2007.
"On The Rand: Determinants Of The South African Exchange Rate,"
South African Journal of Economics,
Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 75(3), pages 425-441, September.
- Frankel, Jeffrey, 2007. "On the Rand: Determinants of the South African Exchange Rate," Working Paper Series rwp07-015, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Jeffrey Frankel, 2007. "On the Rand: Determinants of the South African Exchange Rate," CID Working Papers 139, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Jeffrey Frankel, 2007. "On the Rand: Determinants of the South African Exchange Rate," NBER Working Papers 13050, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Karwowski, Ewa & Stockhammer, Engelbert, 2016.
"Financialisation in Emerging Economies: A Systematic Overview and Comparison with Anglo-Saxon Economies,"
Economics Discussion Papers
2016-11, School of Economics, Kingston University London.
- Ewa Karwowski & Engelbert Stockhammer, 2016. "Financialisation in emerging economies: a systematic overview and comparison with Anglo-Saxon economies," Working Papers PKWP1616, Post Keynesian Economics Study Group (PKSG).
- Karwowski, Ewa, 2017.
"Corporate financialisation in South Africa: From investment strike to housing bubble,"
Economics Discussion Papers
2017-7, School of Economics, Kingston University London.
- Ewa Karwowski, 2017. "Corporate financialisation in South Africa: From investment strike to housing bubble," Working Papers PKWP1708, Post Keynesian Economics Study Group (PKSG).
- Emmanuel Owusu-Sekyere, 2016. "The impact of monetary policy on household consumption in South Africa. Evidence from Vector Autoregressive Techniques," Working Papers 598, Economic Research Southern Africa.
More about this item
Keywordsmonetary policy; capital flows; capital controls;
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2012-07-29 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2012-07-29 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2012-07-29 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:40119. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .