Potpourri: reflections from husband/wife academic editors
The authors provide a review of some of the more notable experiences they have had editing an academic journal and dealing with other editors of journals and books over the past thirty-five years. They address the use of the English language, poor scholarship, the refereeing process and the possible demise of economic education as a scholarly activity
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in American Economist 2.56(2011): pp. 74-84|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:pri:cepsud:170rothstein is not listed on IDEAS
- William E. Becker, 1997. "Teaching Economics to Undergraduates," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(3), pages 1347-1373, September.
- Lopus, Jane S. & Grimes, Paul W. & Becker, William E. & Pearson, Rodney, 2007. "Human subjects requirements and economic education researchers," MPRA Paper 39876, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Becker, William E, Jr, 1979. "Professorial Behavior Given a Stochastic Reward Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(5), pages 1010-17, December.
- William E. Becker, 2004. "Economics for a Higher Education," International Review of Economic Education, Economics Network, University of Bristol, vol. 3(1), pages 52-62.
- William E. Becker & Peter E. Kennedy, 2006. "The Influence of Teaching on Research in Economics," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 747-759, January.
- B. D. McCullough & H. D. Vinod, 2003. "Verifying the Solution from a Nonlinear Solver: A Case Study," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(3), pages 873-892, June.
- Joshua S. Gans & George B. Shepherd, 1994. "How Are the Mighty Fallen: Rejected Classic Articles by Leading Economists," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(1), pages 165-179, Winter.
- Walstad, William B, 1992. "Economics Instruction in High Schools," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(4), pages 2019-51, December.
- William B. Walstad & Ken Rebeck, 2008. "The Test of Understanding of College Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(2), pages 547-51, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:39956. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.