Test of Higher Moment Capital Asset Pricing Model in Case of Pakistani Equity Market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Iqbal, Javed & Brooks, Robert & Galagedera, Don U.A., 2010.
"Testing conditional asset pricing models: An emerging market perspective,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 897-918, September.
- Javed Iqbal & Robert Brooks & Don U.A. Galagedera, 2008. "Testing Conditional Asset Pricing Models: An Emerging Market Perspective," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 3/08, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Andrew Ang & Joseph Chen & Yuhang Xing, 2006.
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 19(4), pages 1191-1239.
- Jansen, Dennis W & de Vries, Casper G, 1991.
"On the Frequency of Large Stock Returns: Putting Booms and Busts into Perspective,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 73(1), pages 18-24, February.
- Dennis W. Jansen & Casper de Vries, 1988. "On the frequency of large stock returns: putting booms and busts into perspective," Working Papers 1989-006, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Cook, Thomas J. & Rozeff, Michael S., 1984. "Size and Earnings/Price Ratio Anomalies: One Effect or Two?," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(04), pages 449-466, December.
- Gabriel Hawawini, "undated".
"Market Efficiency and Equity Pricing: International Evidence and Implications for Global Investing,"
Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers
08-88, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Gabriel Hawawini, "undated". "Market Efficiency and Equity Pricing: International Evidence and Implications for Global Investing," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 8-88, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Lee, Cheng F., 1977. "Functional Form, Skewness Effect, and the Risk-Return Relationship," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(01), pages 55-72, March.
- Robert F. Dittmar, 2002. "Nonlinear Pricing Kernels, Kurtosis Preference, and Evidence from the Cross Section of Equity Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(1), pages 369-403, February.
- Post, Thierry & van Vliet, Pim & Levy, Haim, 2008. "Risk aversion and skewness preference," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1178-1187, July.
- Ang, Andrew & Chen, Joseph, 2002. "Asymmetric correlations of equity portfolios," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 443-494, March.
- Smith, Daniel R., 2007. "Conditional coskewness and asset pricing," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 91-119, January.
- Kane, Alex, 1982. "Skewness Preference and Portfolio Choice," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(01), pages 15-25, March.
- Green, Christopher J, 1990. "Asset Demands and Asset Prices in the U.K.: Is There a Risk Premium," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 58(3), pages 211-228, September.
- Hawawini, Gabriel A., 1980. "An Analytical Examination of the Intervaling Effect on Skewness and Other Moments," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(05), pages 1121-1127, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Akbar, Muhammad & Nguyen, Thuy Thu, 2016. "The explanatory power of higher moment capital asset pricing model in the Karachi stock exchange," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 241-253.
- Tamara Teplova & Evgeniya Shutova, 2011. "A Higher Moment Downside Framework for Conditional and Unconditional Capm in the Russian Stock Market," Eurasian Economic Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 1(2), pages 157-178, December.
- Jawad Mohammad & Attiya Yasmin Javid, 2015. "An Analysis of Accrual Anomaly in Case of Karachi Stock Exchange," PIDE-Working Papers 2015:116, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- repec:pje:journl:article15sumvi is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsCovariance; coskewness; cokurtosis; non-normal return distribution; capital asset pricing model; time-varying moments;
- C29 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Other
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:38059. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .