A comparative study of trends in globalization using different synthetic indicators
Using the KOF data at the annual level, we construct ten different composite indices for comparing the extent of globalization of 131 countries for eleven years, 1999-2009. We compare the different indices of globalization among themselves and also with the Dreher-KOF index of globalization and find that among the different indices the Dreher-Chebyshev index is the most representative one. Among the countries, we concentrate on the trends in globalization of India and her neighboring countries, Bangladesh, China, and Pakistan.
|Date of creation:||10 Apr 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mishra, SK, 2012. "A note on construction of heuristically optimal Pena’s synthetic indicators by the particle swarm method of global optimization," MPRA Paper 37625, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Axel Dreher, 2002. "Does Globalization Affect Growth?," Development and Comp Systems 0210004, EconWPA, revised 04 Feb 2003.
- S K Mishra & P Nayak, 2007. "Socioeconomic Dimensions of Globalization in India," The IUP Journal of Managerial Economics, IUP Publications, vol. 0(1), pages 63-80, February.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2004:i:25:p:1-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mishra, SK, 2007. "A Comparative Study of Various Inclusive Indices and the Index Constructed by the Principal Components Analysis," MPRA Paper 3377, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sudhanshu Mishra, 2004. "Multicollinearity and maximum entropy leuven estimator," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(25), pages 1-11.
- Mishra, SK, 2012. "A note on the indeterminacy and arbitrariness of pena’s method of construction of synthetic indicators," MPRA Paper 37534, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mishra, SK, 1984. "Taxonomical analysis of regional development by outranking relations on multiple principal components," MPRA Paper 8989, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jagdish N. Bhagwati, 2004. "In Defense of Globalization: It Has a Human Face," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 94(6), pages 9-20, November-.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:38028. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.