A Comparative Study of Various Inclusive Indices and the Index Constructed by the Principal Components Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrea Saltelli, 2007. "Composite Indicators between Analysis and Advocacy," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 81(1), pages 65-77, March.
- Mishra, SK, 2003. "Quality of life in Dimapur (India)," MPRA Paper 2609, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nayak, Purusottam & Mishra, SK, 2012. "Efficiency of Pena’s P2 Distance in Construction of Human Development Indices," MPRA Paper 39022, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Raihan, Selim & Ahmed, Mansur, 2016. "Spatial divergence of primary education development in Bangladesh through the lens of Education Development Index (EDI)," MPRA Paper 71177, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mishra, SK, 2012. "A comparative study of trends in globalization using different synthetic indicators," MPRA Paper 38028, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sudhanshu K. MISHRA, 2016.
"BA Note on Construction of a Composite Index by Optimization of Shapley Value Shares of the Constituent Variables,"
Turkish Economic Review,
KSP Journals, vol. 3(3), pages 466-472, September.
- Mishra, SK, 2016. "A note on construction of a composite index by optimization of Shapley value shares of the constituent variables," MPRA Paper 72330, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mishra, SK, 2012. "A note on construction of heuristically optimal Pena’s synthetic indicators by the particle swarm method of global optimization," MPRA Paper 37625, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:132:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1341-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mishra, SK, 2012. "A maximum entropy perspective of Pena’s synthetic indicators," MPRA Paper 37797, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pavel Grigoriev & Olga Grigorieva, 2011. "Self-perceived health in Belarus: Evidence from the income and expenditures of households survey," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 24(23), pages 551-578, April.
- Mishra, SK, 2012. "Construction of Pena’s DP2-based ordinal synthetic indicator when partial indicators are rank scores," MPRA Paper 39088, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Matteo Mazziotta & Adriano Pareto, 2016. "On The Construction Of Composite Indices By Principal Components Analysis," RIEDS - Rivista Italiana di Economia, Demografia e Statistica - Italian Review of Economics, Demography and Statistics, SIEDS Societa' Italiana di Economia Demografia e Statistica, vol. 70(1), pages 103-109, January-A.
- Mishra, SK, 2007. "A Note on Human Development Indices with Income Equalities," MPRA Paper 3513, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bin, Peng, 2015. "Regional Disparity and Dynamic Development of China: a Multidimensional Index," MPRA Paper 61849, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mishra, SK, 2007. "Socio-economic Exclusion of Different Religious Communities in Meghalaya," MPRA Paper 3441, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Keshav Sood & Shrabani Mukherjee, 2016. "Triggers and Barriers for ‘Exclusion’ To ‘Inclusion’ in the Financial Sector: A Country-Wise Scrutiny," Working Papers 2016-154, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Nathaniel Karp & Boyd Nash-Stacey, 2015. "Technology, Opportunity & Access: Understanding Financial Inclusion in the U.S," Working Papers 1525, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
More about this item
KeywordsPrincipal components analysis; weighted linear combination; aggregation; composite index; egalitarian; inclusive; elitist; representation; under-developed systems;
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:3377. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .