A Comparative Study of Various Inclusive Indices and the Index Constructed by the Principal Components Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrea Saltelli, 2007. "Composite Indicators between Analysis and Advocacy," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 81(1), pages 65-77, March.
- Mishra, SK, 2003. "Quality of life in Dimapur (India)," MPRA Paper 2609, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nayak, Purusottam & Mishra, SK, 2012. "Efficiency of Pena’s P2 Distance in Construction of Human Development Indices," MPRA Paper 39022, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Raihan, Selim & Ahmed, Mansur, 2016. "Spatial divergence of primary education development in Bangladesh through the lens of Education Development Index (EDI)," MPRA Paper 71177, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mishra, SK, 2012. "A comparative study of trends in globalization using different synthetic indicators," MPRA Paper 38028, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sudhanshu K. MISHRA, 2016.
"BA Note on Construction of a Composite Index by Optimization of Shapley Value Shares of the Constituent Variables,"
Turkish Economic Review,
KSP Journals, vol. 3(3), pages 466-472, September.
- Mishra, SK, 2016. "A note on construction of a composite index by optimization of Shapley value shares of the constituent variables," MPRA Paper 72330, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mishra, SK, 2012. "A note on construction of heuristically optimal Pena’s synthetic indicators by the particle swarm method of global optimization," MPRA Paper 37625, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:132:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1341-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mishra, SK, 2012. "A maximum entropy perspective of Pena’s synthetic indicators," MPRA Paper 37797, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pavel Grigoriev & Olga Grigorieva, 2011. "Self-perceived health in Belarus: Evidence from the income and expenditures of households survey," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 24(23), pages 551-578, April.
- Mishra, SK, 2012. "Construction of Pena’s DP2-based ordinal synthetic indicator when partial indicators are rank scores," MPRA Paper 39088, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Matteo Mazziotta & Adriano Pareto, 2016. "On The Construction Of Composite Indices By Principal Components Analysis," RIEDS - Rivista Italiana di Economia, Demografia e Statistica - Italian Review of Economics, Demography and Statistics, SIEDS Societa' Italiana di Economia Demografia e Statistica, vol. 70(1), pages 103-109, January-A.
- Mishra, SK, 2007. "A Note on Human Development Indices with Income Equalities," MPRA Paper 3513, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bin, Peng, 2015. "Regional Disparity and Dynamic Development of China: a Multidimensional Index," MPRA Paper 61849, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mishra, SK, 2007. "Socio-economic Exclusion of Different Religious Communities in Meghalaya," MPRA Paper 3441, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Keshav Sood & Shrabani Mukherjee, 2016. "Triggers and Barriers for ‘Exclusion’ To ‘Inclusion’ in the Financial Sector: A Country-Wise Scrutiny," Working Papers 2016-154, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Nathaniel Karp & Boyd Nash-Stacey, 2015. "Technology, Opportunity & Access: Understanding Financial Inclusion in the U.S," Working Papers 1525, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
More about this item
KeywordsPrincipal components analysis; weighted linear combination; aggregation; composite index; egalitarian; inclusive; elitist; representation; under-developed systems;
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:3377. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.