A Note on Human Development Indices with Income Equalities
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mishra, SK, 2007. "Construction of maximin and non-elitist composite indices - alternatives to elitist indices obtained by the principal components analysis," MPRA Paper 3338, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mishra, SK, 2007. "A Comparative Study of Various Inclusive Indices and the Index Constructed by the Principal Components Analysis," MPRA Paper 3377, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mishra, SK, 2007. "Socio-economic Exclusion of Different Religious Communities in Meghalaya," MPRA Paper 3441, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mishra, SK, 2007. "Construction of an Index by Maximization of the Sum of its Absolute Correlation Coefficients with the Constituent Variables," MPRA Paper 3333, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mishra, SK, 2012. "A note on the indeterminacy and arbitrariness of pena’s method of construction of synthetic indicators," MPRA Paper 37534, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mishra, SK, 2012. "A note on construction of heuristically optimal Pena’s synthetic indicators by the particle swarm method of global optimization," MPRA Paper 37625, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mishra, SK, 2012. "A maximum entropy perspective of Pena’s synthetic indicators," MPRA Paper 37797, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mishra, SK, 2007. "Analysis of Gender Disparity in Meghalaya by Various Types of Composite Indices," MPRA Paper 3612, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 18 Jun 2007.
More about this item
KeywordsHuman development index; International comparison; HDI; income distribution; equality; relative weights; representation; inclusive; elitist; principal component; alternative method; UNDP; correlation; absolute;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- O57 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Comparative Studies of Countries
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-06-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2007-06-18 (Development)
- NEP-HAP-2007-06-18 (Economics of Happiness)
- NEP-HRM-2007-06-18 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:3513. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .