Construction of Pena’s DP2-based ordinal synthetic indicator when partial indicators are rank scores
The present study devises a computational scheme (and develops a FORTRAN 77 computer program) that may be appropriate to construct Pena’s DP2 (ordinal) synthetic indicator (Z) from the partial indicators (X) all of which are ordinal (ranking scores). An attempt has also been made to empirically apply the method (and the computer program) to obtain an ordinal synthetic indicator from a given ordinal data set.
|Date of creation:||28 May 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nayak, Purusottam & Mishra, SK, 2012. "Efficiency of Pena’s P2 Distance in Construction of Human Development Indices," MPRA Paper 39022, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mishra, SK, 2007. "A Comparative Study of Various Inclusive Indices and the Index Constructed by the Principal Components Analysis," MPRA Paper 3377, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mishra, SK, 2006. "Global Optimization by Differential Evolution and Particle Swarm Methods: Evaluation on Some Benchmark Functions," MPRA Paper 1005, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mishra, SK, 2012. "A maximum entropy perspective of Pena’s synthetic indicators," MPRA Paper 37797, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- José-María Montero & Coro Chasco & Beatriz Larraz, 2010. "Building an environmental quality index for a big city: a spatial interpolation approach combined with a distance indicator," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 435-459, December.
- Mishra, SK, 2012. "A note on construction of heuristically optimal Pena’s synthetic indicators by the particle swarm method of global optimization," MPRA Paper 37625, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mishra, SK, 2009. "The most representative composite rank ordering of multi-attribute objects by the particle swarm optimization," MPRA Paper 12723, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:39088. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.