Wages and earnings of marginalized social and religious groups in India: Data sources, scope, limitations and suggestions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sujoy Chakravarty & E. Somanathan, 2008. "Discrimination in an elite labour market? Job placements at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 08-01, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Madhura Swaminathan & Vikas Rawal, 2011. "Is India Really a Country of Low Income-Inequality? Observations from Eight Villages," Journal, Review of Agrarian Studies, vol. 1(1), pages 1-22, January-J.
- Viktoria Hnatkovska & Amartya Lahiri & Sourabh Paul, 2012. "Castes and Labor Mobility," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 4(2), pages 274-307, April.
- Madhura Swaminathan, 1997. "The determinants of earnings among low-income workers in Bombay: An analysis of panel data," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(4), pages 535-551.
- Puja Vasudeva Dutta, 2004. "The Structure of Wages in India, 1983-1999," PRUS Working Papers 25, Poverty Research Unit at Sussex, University of Sussex.
- Lanjouw, Peter & Rao, Vijayendra, 2011.
"Revisiting Between-Group Inequality Measurement: An Application to the Dynamics of Caste Inequality in Two Indian Villages,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 174-187, February.
- Lanjouw, Peter & Rao, Vijayendra, 2010. "Revisiting between-group inequality measurement : an application to the dynamics of caste inequality in two Indian villages," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5337, The World Bank.
- Bhaumik, Sumon Kumar & Chakrabarty, Manisha, 2009.
"Is education the panacea for economic deprivation of Muslims?: Evidence from wage earners in India, 1987-2005,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 137-149, March.
- Bhaumik, Sumon K. & Chakrabarty, Manisha, 2007. "Is Education the Panacea for Economic Deprivation of Muslims? Evidence from Wage Earners in India, 1987–2005," IZA Discussion Papers 3232, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Klaus Deininger & Songqing Jin & Hari Nagarajan, 2013. "Wage Discrimination in I ndia's Informal Labor Markets: Exploring the Impact of Caste and Gender," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(1), pages 130-147, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Neetha N, 2013. "Inequalities Reinforced? Social Groups, Gender and Employment," Working Papers id:5274, eSocialSciences.
- repec:pid:journl:v:55:y:2016:i:4:p:521-540 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordssocial groups; caste; religion; wages; India; data sources;
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- C80 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-04-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2012-04-10 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2012-04-10 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-SOC-2012-04-10 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:37799. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .