Wages and earnings of marginalized social and religious groups in India: Data sources, scope, limitations and suggestions
This paper provides the major sources of data for understanding wages and earnings of Social and Religious Groups in India. It also discusses the limitations of the data sets,and issues for further research but are limited by the availability of data for such research. It also provides suggestions for new data and ways to improve the existing statistical data.
|Date of creation:||19 Feb 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lanjouw, Peter & Rao, Vijayendra, 2011.
"Revisiting Between-Group Inequality Measurement: An Application to the Dynamics of Caste Inequality in Two Indian Villages,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 174-187, February.
- Lanjouw, Peter & Rao, Vijayendra, 2010. "Revisiting between-group inequality measurement : an application to the dynamics of caste inequality in two Indian villages," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5337, The World Bank.
- Sujoy Chakravarty & E. Somanathan, 2008. "Discrimination in an elite labour market? Job placements at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 08-01, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Puja Vasudeva Dutta, 2004. "The Structure of Wages in India, 1983-1999," PRUS Working Papers 25, Poverty Research Unit at Sussex, University of Sussex.
- Bhaumik, Sumon Kumar & Chakrabarty, Manisha, 2009.
"Is education the panacea for economic deprivation of Muslims?: Evidence from wage earners in India, 1987-2005,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 137-149, March.
- Bhaumik, Sumon K. & Chakrabarty, Manisha, 2007. "Is Education the Panacea for Economic Deprivation of Muslims? Evidence from Wage Earners in India, 1987–2005," IZA Discussion Papers 3232, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Viktoria Hnatkovska & Amartya Lahiri & Sourabh Paul, 2012.
"Castes and Labor Mobility,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 4(2), pages 274-307, April.
- Klaus Deininger & Songqing Jin & Hari Nagarajan, 2013. "Wage Discrimination in I ndia's Informal Labor Markets: Exploring the Impact of Caste and Gender," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(1), pages 130-147, 02.
- Madhura Swaminathan & Vikas Rawal, 2011. "Is India Really a Country of Low Income-Inequality? Observations from Eight Villages," Journal, Review of Agrarian Studies, vol. 1(1), pages 1-22, January-J.
- Madhura Swaminathan, 1997. "The determinants of earnings among low-income workers in Bombay: An analysis of panel data," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(4), pages 535-551.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:37799. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.