A history of the histories of econometrics
Understanding the history of econometrics as a modern science also asks for understanding of the development of the image of science, which includes the history of philosophy of science and the history of economic methodology. Beside that philosophers of science need to be historically informed, historians of science need to be philosophical informed, which mean more precisely here that they need to be informed about the developments of the philosophical ideas about science. Corry's distinction between the body and image of knowledge does not only provide a framework to write histories of econometrics, but also to write a history of these histories. From its beginnings, econometricians have considered historical knowledge as reflexive knowledge useful to delineate their discipline.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sims, Christopher A, 1980. "Macroeconomics and Reality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 1-48, January.
- Hendry, David F. & Learmer, Edward E. & Poirier, Dale J., 1990. "A Conversation on Econometric Methodology," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(02), pages 171-261, June.
- McAleer, Michael & Pagan, Adrian, 1985.
"What Will Take the Con Out of Econometrics?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
39, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- K. Rao & A. Vijayakumar & R. Sarker, 2006. "Foreword," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 143(1), pages 19-20, March.
- Hendry,David F. & Morgan,Mary S., 1997.
"The Foundations of Econometric Analysis,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521588706, October.
- Pagan, Adrian, 1987. " Three Econometric Methodologies: A Critical Appraisal," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(1), pages 3-24.
- Christ, Carl F, 1985. "Early Progress in Estimating Quantitative Economic Relationships in America," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(6), pages 39-52, December.
- Kevin Hoover, 2001. "Introduction," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 167-167.
- Olav Bjerkholt & Duo Qin, 2010.
"Teaching Economics As a Science: The 1930 Yale Lectures of Ragnar Frisch,"
665, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Bjerkholt, Olav & Qin, Duo, 2010. "Teaching Economics as a Science: the 1930 Yale Lectures of Ragnar Frisch," Memorandum 05/2010, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Ericsson, Neil R., 2004. "THE ET INTERVIEW: PROFESSOR DAVID F. HENDRY: Interviewed by Neil R. Ericsson," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(04), pages 743-804, August.
- Coats, A.W., 1987. "Review Essay: History of Political Economy: The AEA and the History of Economics," Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(01), pages 61-66, September.
- Lindbeck, Assar, 1985. "The Prize in Economic Science in Memory of Alfred Nobel," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 23(1), pages 37-56, March.
- Spanos,Aris, 1986. "Statistical Foundations of Econometric Modelling," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521269124, October.
- Christ, Carl F, 1983. "The Founding of the Econometric Society and Econometrica," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(1), pages 3-6, January.
- Neil R. Ericsson, 2004. "The ET interview: professor David F. Hendry," International Finance Discussion Papers 811, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:35744. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.