Endogenous specialization of heterogeneous innovative activities of firms under technological spillovers
This paper proposes a reduced form model of dynamic duopoly in the context of heterogeneous innovations framework. Two agents invest into product and process innovations simultaneously. Every newly introduced product has its own dimension of process-improving innovations and there is a continuum of possible new products. In the area of process innovations the costless imitation effect is modelled while in the area of product innovations agents are cooperating with each other. As a result the specialization of innovative activity is observed. This specialization arises from strategic interactions of agents in both fields of innovative activity and is endogenously defined from the dynamics of the model.
|Date of creation:||15 Dec 2011|
|Date of revision:||15 Dec 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- L. Lambertini & A. Mantovani, 2004.
"Process and Product Innovation: a Differential Game Approach to Product Life Cycle,"
529, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Luca Lambertini & Andrea Mantovani, 2010. "Process and product innovation: A differential game approach to product life cycle," International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 6(2), pages 227-252.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521637329 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anton Bondarev, 2010. "Product and Quality Innovations: An Optimal Control Approach," Working Papers 439, Bielefeld University, Center for Mathematical Economics.
- Bondarev, Anton A., 2010.
"The long run Dynamics of heterogeneous Product and Process Innovations for a Multi Product Monopolist,"
35195, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 26 Nov 2011.
- Anton Bondarev, 2012. "The long-run dynamics of product and process innovations for a multi-product monopolist," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(8), pages 775-799, November.
- Kenneth L. Judd, 1985.
"Closed-Loop Equilibrium in a Multi-Stage Innovation Race,"
647, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Kenneth L. Judd, 2003. "Closed-loop equilibrium in a multi-stage innovation race," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 673-695, 03.
- Herbert Dawid & Alfred Greiner & Benteng Zou, 2008.
"Optimal Foreign Investment Dynamics in the Presence of Technological Spillovers,"
CREA Discussion Paper Series
08-07, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Dawid, Herbert & Greiner, Alfred & Zou, Benteng, 2010. "Optimal foreign investment dynamics in the presence of technological spillovers," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 296-313, March.
- Glenn C. Loury, 1976.
"Market Structure and Innovation,"
256, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Stiglitz, Joseph, 1980. "Industrial Structure and the Nature of Innovative Activity," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 90(358), pages 266-93, June.
- Reinganum, Jennifer F, 1982. "A Dynamic Game of R and D: Patent Protection and Competitive Behavior," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 671-88, May.
- Nancy T. Gallini, 1992. "Patent Policy and Costly Imitation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 23(1), pages 52-63, Spring.
- Partha Dasgupta & Joseph Stiglitz, 1980. "Industrial Structure and the Nature of Innovative Activity (Now published in Economic Journal, Vol.90 (June 1980)pp.226-293.)," STICERD - Theoretical Economics Paper Series /1980/04, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:35424. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.