Technology lock-in with horizontal and vertical innovations through limited R&D spending
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Daron Acemoglu & Philippe Aghion & Leonardo Bursztyn & David Hemous, 2012.
"The Environment and Directed Technical Change,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 102(1), pages 131-166, February.
- Daron Acemoglu & Philippe Aghion & Leonardo Bursztyn & David Hemous, 2009. "The Environment and Directed Technical Change," NBER Working Papers 15451, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Aghion, Philippe & Bursztyn, Leonardo & Hemous, David, 2011. "The Environment and Directed Technical Change," CEPR Discussion Papers 8660, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Aghion, Philippe & Bursztyn, Leonardo & Hemous, David, 2010. "The Environment and Directed Technical Change," Seminar Papers 762, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Daron Acemoglu & Philippe Aghion & Leonardo Bursztyn & David Hemous, 2010. "The Environment and Directed Technical Change," Working Papers 2010.93, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Ping Lin, 2004. "Process and product R&D by a multiproduct monopolist," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(4), pages 735-743, October.
- Zeppini, Paolo & van den Bergh, Jeroen C.J.M., 2013.
"Optimal diversity in investments with recombinant innovation,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 141-156.
- Zeppini Rossi, P. & Bergh, J.C.J.M. van der, 2008. "Optimal Diversity in Investments with Recombinant Innovation," CeNDEF Working Papers 08-12, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Jeroen C.J.M. van den Bergh & Paolo Zeppini-Rossi, 2008. "Optimal Diversity in Investments with Recombinant Innovation," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-091/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- van den Bergh, Jeroen C.J.M., 2008. "Optimal diversity: Increasing returns versus recombinant innovation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 68(3-4), pages 565-580, December.
- Aghion, Philippe & Howitt, Peter, 1992.
"A Model of Growth through Creative Destruction,"
Econometric Society, vol. 60(2), pages 323-351, March.
- Aghion, P. & Howitt, P., 1989. "A Model Of Growth Through Creative Destruction," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 8904, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Aghion, Philippe & Howitt, Peter, 1992. "A Model of Growth Through Creative Destruction," Scholarly Articles 12490578, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Aghion, P. & Howitt, P., 1990. "A Model Of Growth Through Creative Destruction," DELTA Working Papers 90-12, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Philippe Aghion & Peter Howitt, 1990. "A Model of Growth Through Creative Destruction," NBER Working Papers 3223, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aghion, P. & Howitt, P., 1989. "A Model Of Growth Through Creative Destruction," Working papers 527, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Hopenhayn, Hugo A & Mitchell, Matthew F, 2001. "Innovation Variety and Patent Breadth," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(1), pages 152-166, Spring.
- Romer, Paul M, 1990. "Endogenous Technological Change," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 71-102, October.
- Anton Bondarev, 2012.
"The long-run dynamics of product and process innovations for a multi-product monopolist,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(8), pages 775-799, November.
- Bondarev, Anton A., 2010. "The long run Dynamics of heterogeneous Product and Process Innovations for a Multi Product Monopolist," MPRA Paper 35195, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 26 Nov 2011.
- Baveja, A. & Feichtinger, G. & Hartl, R.F. & Haunschmied, J.L. & Kort, P.M., 1999.
"A Resource-Constrained Optimal Control Model for Crackdown on Illicit Drug Markets,"
1999-85, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Baveja, A. & Feichtinger, G. & Hartl, R.F. & Haunschmied, J.L. & Kort, P.M., 2000. "A resource-constrained optimal control model for crackdown on illicit drug markets," Other publications TiSEM 15ffe163-821b-458a-80ef-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Dawid, Herbert & Greiner, Alfred & Zou, Benteng, 2010.
"Optimal foreign investment dynamics in the presence of technological spillovers,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 296-313, March.
- Herbert Dawid & Alfred Greiner & Benteng Zou, 2008. "Optimal Foreign Investment Dynamics in the Presence of Technological Spillovers," CREA Discussion Paper Series 08-07, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Luca Lambertini & Raimondello Orsini, 2001. "Network Externalities and the Overprovision of Quality by a Monopolist," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 67(4), pages 969-982, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bondarev, Anton & Greiner, Alfred, 2018. "Global warming and technical change: Multiple steady-states and policy options," Working papers 2018/03, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Greiner, Alfred & Bondarev, Anton, 2017. "Optimal R&D investment with learning-by-doing: Multiple steady-states and thresholds," Working papers 2017/06, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
More about this item
KeywordsMultiple steady-states; lock-in; innovations; R&D constraint; optimal control;
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- D92 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Intertemporal Firm Choice, Investment, Capacity, and Financing
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-04-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2017-04-23 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-INO-2017-04-23 (Innovation)
- NEP-TID-2017-04-23 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bsl:wpaper:2017/04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (WWZ). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wwzbsch.html .