Technology lock-in with horizontal and vertical innovations through limited R&D spending
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Daron Acemoglu & Philippe Aghion & Leonardo Bursztyn & David Hemous, 2012.
"The Environment and Directed Technical Change,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 102(1), pages 131-166, February.
- Daron Acemoglu & Philippe Aghion & Leonardo Bursztyn & David Hemous, 2009. "The Environment and Directed Technical Change," NBER Working Papers 15451, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Aghion, Philippe & Bursztyn, Leonardo & Hemous, David, 2011. "The Environment and Directed Technical Change," CEPR Discussion Papers 8660, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Aghion, Philippe & Bursztyn, Leonardo & Hemous, David, 2010. "The Environment and Directed Technical Change," Seminar Papers 762, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Daron Acemoglu & Philippe Aghion & Leonardo Bursztyn & David Hemous, 2010. "The Environment and Directed Technical Change," Working Papers 2010.93, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Ping Lin, 2004. "Process and product R&D by a multiproduct monopolist," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(4), pages 735-743, October.
- Zeppini, Paolo & van den Bergh, Jeroen C.J.M., 2013.
"Optimal diversity in investments with recombinant innovation,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 141-156.
- Zeppini Rossi, P. & Bergh, J.C.J.M. van der, 2008. "Optimal Diversity in Investments with Recombinant Innovation," CeNDEF Working Papers 08-12, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Jeroen C.J.M. van den Bergh & Paolo Zeppini-Rossi, 2008. "Optimal Diversity in Investments with Recombinant Innovation," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-091/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Aghion, Philippe & Howitt, Peter, 1992.
"A Model of Growth through Creative Destruction,"
Econometric Society, vol. 60(2), pages 323-351, March.
- Aghion, P. & Howitt, P., 1989. "A Model Of Growth Through Creative Destruction," Working papers 527, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Aghion, Philippe & Howitt, Peter, 1992. "A Model of Growth Through Creative Destruction," Scholarly Articles 12490578, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Aghion, P. & Howitt, P., 1990. "A Model Of Growth Through Creative Destruction," DELTA Working Papers 90-12, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Philippe Aghion & Peter Howitt, 1990. "A Model of Growth Through Creative Destruction," NBER Working Papers 3223, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aghion, P. & Howitt, P., 1989. "A Model Of Growth Through Creative Destruction," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 8904, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Hopenhayn, Hugo A & Mitchell, Matthew F, 2001. "Innovation Variety and Patent Breadth," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(1), pages 152-166, Spring.
- Anton Bondarev, 2012.
"The long-run dynamics of product and process innovations for a multi-product monopolist,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(8), pages 775-799, November.
- Bondarev, Anton A., 2010. "The long run Dynamics of heterogeneous Product and Process Innovations for a Multi Product Monopolist," MPRA Paper 35195, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 26 Nov 2011.
- Baveja, A. & Feichtinger, G. & Hartl, R.F. & Haunschmied, J.L. & Kort, P.M., 1999.
"A Resource-Constrained Optimal Control Model for Crackdown on Illicit Drug Markets,"
1999-85, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Baveja, A. & Feichtinger, G. & Hartl, R.F. & Haunschmied, J.L. & Kort, P.M., 2000. "A resource-constrained optimal control model for crackdown on illicit drug markets," Other publications TiSEM 15ffe163-821b-458a-80ef-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Luca Lambertini & Raimondello Orsini, 2001. "Network Externalities and the Overprovision of Quality by a Monopolist," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 67(4), pages 969-982, April.
- Dawid, Herbert & Greiner, Alfred & Zou, Benteng, 2010.
"Optimal foreign investment dynamics in the presence of technological spillovers,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 296-313, March.
- Herbert Dawid & Alfred Greiner & Benteng Zou, 2008. "Optimal Foreign Investment Dynamics in the Presence of Technological Spillovers," CREA Discussion Paper Series 08-07, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- van den Bergh, Jeroen C.J.M., 2008. "Optimal diversity: Increasing returns versus recombinant innovation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 68(3-4), pages 565-580, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Greiner, Alfred & Bondarev, Anton, 2017. "Optimal R&D investment with learning-by-doing: Multiple steady-states and thresholds," Working papers 2017/06, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Bondarev, Anton & Greiner, Alfred, 2018. "Global warming and technical change: Multiple steady-states and policy options," Working papers 2018/03, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
More about this item
KeywordsMultiple steady-states; lock-in; innovations; R&D constraint; optimal control;
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- D92 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Intertemporal Firm Choice, Investment, Capacity, and Financing
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-04-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2017-04-23 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-INO-2017-04-23 (Innovation)
- NEP-TID-2017-04-23 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bsl:wpaper:2017/04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (WWZ). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wwzbsch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.