Does sports performance influence revenues and economic results in Spanish football?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Antonio Marques, 2002. "Competitive Balance in the Portuguese premier league of professional soccer," Industrial Organization 0211025, EconWPA.
- Bill Gerrard & Steve Dobson, 2000. "Testing for monopoly rents in the market for playing talent – Evidence from English professional football," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 27(3), pages 142-164, September.
- Haan, Marco & Koning, Ruud H. & Witteloostuijn, Arjen van, 2002. "Market forces in European soccer," CCSO Working Papers 200211, University of Groningen, CCSO Centre for Economic Research.
- Roger G. Noll, 2002. "The Economics of Promotion and Relegation in Sports Leagues," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 3(2), pages 169-203, May.
- Boulier, Bryan L. & Stekler, H. O., 2003. "Predicting the outcomes of National Football League games," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 257-270.
- Mark Baimbridge, 1997. "Match attendance at Euro 96: was the crowd waving or drowning?," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(9), pages 555-558.
- Dawson, Peter & Dobson, Stephen & Gerrard, Bill, 2000. "Estimating Coaching Efficiency in Professional Team Sports: Evidence from English Association Football," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 47(4), pages 399-421, September.
- El-Hodiri, Mohamed & Quirk, James, 1971. "An Economic Model of a Professional Sports League," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(6), pages 1302-1319, Nov.-Dec..
- Sloane, Peter J, 1971. "The Economics of Professional Football: The Football Club as a Utility Maximiser," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 18(2), pages 121-146, June.
- R. H. Koning, 2003. "An econometric evaluation of the effect of firing a coach on team performance," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(5), pages 555-564.
- Thomas Hoehn & Stefan Szymanski, 1999. "The Americanization of European football," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 14(28), pages 203-240, April.
- Goddard, John, 2005. "Regression models for forecasting goals and match results in association football," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 331-340.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leitao, Joao & Armada, Manuel Rocha & Ferreira, Joaaquim, 2012. "Corruption and Co-Movements in European Listed Sport Companies: Did Calciocaos really matter?," MPRA Paper 42474, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Berlinschi, Ruxanda & Schokkaert, Jeroen & Swinnen, Johan, 2013.
"When drains and gains coincide: Migration and international football performance,"
Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 1-14.
- Ruxanda Berlinschi & Jeroen Schokkaert & Johan F.M. Swinnen, 2010. "When Drains and Gains Coincide: Migration and International Football Performance," LICOS Discussion Papers 26510, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- repec:taf:ijecbs:v:23:y:2016:i:3:p:351-390 is not listed on IDEAS
- Adrian R. Bell & Chris Brooks & David Matthews & Charles Sutcliffe, 2012.
"Over the moon or sick as a parrot? The effects of football results on a club's share price,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(26), pages 3435-3452, September.
- Adrian Bell & Chris Brooks & David Matthews & Charles Sutcliffe, 2009. "Over the Moon or Sick as a Parrot? The Effect's of Football Results on a Club's Share Price," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2009-08, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Adrian Bell & Chris Brooks & David Matthews & Charles Sutcliffe, 2011. "Over the Moon or Sick as a Parrot? The Effects of Football Results on a Club's Share Price," Post-Print hal-00709557, HAL.
More about this item
Keywordssports performance; economic results; football (soccer); football club finances;
- G0 - Financial Economics - - General
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:3234. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.