El sistema nacional de innovación mexicano: estructuras, políticas, desempeño y desafíos
[The Mexican national innovation system: structures, policies, performance and challenges]
There is growing recognition that innovation plays a key role in enhancing competitiveness and enable emerging economies catch up with rich countries. In this sense, Mexico needs to strengthen its national innovation system (NIS) in order to create wealth and reduce poverty and inequality. This book addresses these issues through a comprehensive analysis of the Mexican NIS, which integrates a micro with a macro perspective. Particular attention is paid to the role of institutions, the agents' behavior and interaction among agents. Presents an interesting analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of policies for science, technology and innovation (STI) implemented in Mexico in the last decade. From an approach that combines analytical and practical issues of STI policy, this book is of interest to a broad audience, including those working in fields related to innovation studies, development economics, policy CTI and technology management
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mario, Cimoli, 2005.
"Heterogeneidad estructural, asimetrías tecnológicas y crecimiento en América Latina
[Structural heterogeneity, technological asymmetries and growth in Latin America]," MPRA Paper 3832, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Héctor Salgado Banda & Lorenzo Bernal Verdugo, 2011.
"Multifactor productivity and its determinants: an empirical analysis for Mexican manufacturing,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 293-308, December.
- Héctor Salgado Banda & Lorenzo E. Bernal Verdugo, 2007. "Multifactor Productivity and its Determinants: Al Empirical Analysis for Mexican Manufacturing," Working Papers 2007-09, Banco de México.
- Bach, Stephen, 2006. "International Mobility of Health Professionals: Brain Drain or Brain Exchange?," Working Paper Series RP2006/82, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Julio López Gallardo & Juan Carlos Moreno-Brid & Martín Puchet Anyul, 2006. "Financial Fragility And Financial Crisis In Mexico," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(3), pages 365-388, 07.
- Murmann, J. Peter, 2002. "The coevolution of industries and national institutions: Theory and evidence," Discussion Papers, various Research Units FS IV 02-14, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Jeroen C. J. M. van den Bergh & John M. Gowdy, 2003.
"The microfoundations of macroeconomics: an evolutionary perspective,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 27(1), pages 65-84, January.
- Jeroen C.J.M. van den Bergh & John M. Gowdy, 2000. "The Microfoundations of Macroeconomics: An Evolutionary Perspective," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 00-021/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Maloney, William F. & Perry, Guillermo, 2005. "Hacia una política de innovación eficiente en América Latina," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), pages -, December.
- Antonelli, Cristiano, 2005.
"Models Of Knowledge And Systems Of Governance,"
Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio
200501, University of Turin.
- Lall, Sanjaya, 1992. "Technological capabilities and industrialization," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 165-186, February.
- G. Avnimelech & M. Teubal, 2008. "From Direct Support Of Business Sector R&D/Innovation To Targeting Venture Capital/Private Equity: A Catching-Up Innovation And Technology Policy Life Cycle Perspective," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(1-2), pages 153-172.
- Teece, David J. & Rumelt, Richard & Dosi, Giovanni & Winter, Sidney, 1994. "Understanding corporate coherence : Theory and evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 1-30, January.
- Paulo N. Figueiredo, 2001. "Technological Learning and Competitive Performance," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2373.
- Metcalfe, J.S. & James, Andrew & Mina, Andrea, 2005. "Emergent innovation systems and the delivery of clinical services: The case of intra-ocular lenses," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1283-1304, November.
- Bengt-ake Lundvall & Bjorn Johnson, 1994. "The Learning Economy," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 23-42.
- Mytelka, Lynn K. & Smith, Keith, 2002. "Policy learning and innovation theory: an interactive and co-evolving process," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8-9), pages 1467-1479, December.
- Reardon, Thomas & Flores, Luis, 2006. "Viewpoint: "Customized competitiveness" strategies for horticultural exporters - Central America focus with lessons from and for other regions," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 483-503, December.
- Manuel Albaladejo, . "Determinants and Policies to Foster the Competitiveness of SME Clusters: Evidence from Latin America," QEH Working Papers qehwps71, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Dutrénit, Gabriela & Vera-Cruz, Alexandre O. & Arias Navarro, Argenis, 2003. "Diferencias en el perfil de acumulación de capacidades tecnológicas en tres empresas mexicanas," El Trimestre Económico, Fondo de Cultura Económica, vol. 0(277), pages 109-165, enero-mar.
- Kye Woo Lee, 1998. "An alternative technical education system : a case study of Mexico," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 20107, The World Bank.
- Bjorn Johnson & Birgitte Gregersen, 1995. "Systems of innovation and economic integration," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(2), pages 1-18.
- Sotarauta, Markku & Srinivas, Smita, 2006. "Co-evolutionary policy processes: Understanding innovative economies and future resilience," MPRA Paper 52689, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Docquier, Frédéric, 2006. "Brain Drain and Inequality Across Nations," IZA Discussion Papers 2440, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:31982. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.