EUROMON: De Nederlandsche Bank's multi-country model
This paper presents a guide to the theoretical properties of EUROMON, the Nederlandsche Bank's multi-country model for implementing policy analysis. It is written with a view to explanding chapter 2 of the DNB Monetary Monograph 19, which provides for a model description. EUROMON is an aggregate neo-Keynesian model where output is described in the long-run by a vertical supply curve, but is strongly affected by demand factors in the short run. At the same time, the model incorporates a wage bargaining framework which makes the long-run equilibrium unemployment rate dependent on real factors (for example tax policies and terms on trade).
|Date of creation:||2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Philippe Jeanfils, 2000.
"A model with explicit expectations for Belgium,"
Working Paper Research
04, National Bank of Belgium.
- Hamid Faruqee & Douglas Laxton & Bart Turtelboom & Peter Isard & Eswar Prasad, 1998. "Multimod Mark III; The Core Dynamic and Steady State Model," IMF Occasional Papers 164, International Monetary Fund.
- H.M.M. Peeters & A.H.J. den Reijer, 2002. "On Wage Formation, Wage Development and Unemployment Flexibility: a Comparison between European Countries and the United States," WO Research Memoranda (discontinued) 712, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- H.M.M. Peeters & A.H.J. den Reijer, 2001. "On Wage Formation, Wage Development and Unemployment," WO Research Memoranda (discontinued) 677, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- W. Bolt & P.J.A. van Els, 2000.
"Output Gap and Inflation in the EU,"
DNB Staff Reports (discontinued)
44, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Jørgen Elmeskov, 1993. "High and Persistent Unemployment: Assessment of the Problem and Its Causes," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 132, OECD Publishing.
- Martin M.G. Fase, 1998. "On Money and Credit in Europe," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1550.
- Raymond Torres & John P. Martin, 1989. "Potential Output in the Seven Major OECD Countries," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 66, OECD Publishing.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:29634. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.