A model of Cognitive Capitalism: a preliminary analysis
The aim of this paper is to present a first theoretical macro-modelling of cognitive capitalism, by utilizing the French regulation theory approach. With regard to the supply side analysis, we shall emphasize the role played by productivity dynamics: it is mainly affected by two types of dynamics: scale economics, based on learning processes and network activity. Turning to demand-side aspects, aggregate demand takes in account also the role played by distribution effects of financial markets, which operates as a distorsive income multiplier. As, on the one side, it depends upon the trade-off between learning processes diffusion and intellectual property rights and, on the other, upon income polarization (due to precariousness and limited access to capital gains) and demand growth stability. The stability of the system cannot be guaranteed. The need for new rules concerning income distribution process (i.e. basic income policy) will be taken in consideration.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Publication status:||Published in European Journal of Economic and Social Systems 1.20(2007): pp. 117-133|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marios Zachariadis, 2004.
"R&D-induced Growth in the OECD?,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(3), pages 423-439, 08.
- Marios Zachariadis, "undated". "R&D-Induced Growth in the OECD?," Departmental Working Papers 2001-02, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Francesco Venturini, 2005. "How Much Does IT Consumption Matter for Growth? Evidence from National Accounts," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 95(1), pages 57-110, January-F.
- Stefano Lucarelli & Andrea Fumagalli, 2008. "Basic Income and Productivity in Cognitive Capitalism," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 66(1), pages 71-92.
- Malerba, Franco & Orsenigo, Luigi, 2000. "Knowledge, Innovation Activities and Industrial Evolution," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 289-313, June. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:28012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.