Tendance et profil de la pauvreté au Sénégal de 1994 à 2006
[Poverty Trend and Profile for Senegal from 1994 to 2006]
This paper provides comparable estimates of poverty in Senegal from 1994 to 20076 using household surveys (ESAM I, ESAM II, and ESPS). Nationally, the share of the population in poverty was reduced from 67.9% in 1994/95 to 57.1% in 2001/02, and finally 50.8% in 2005/06. Poverty was reduced more significantly in urban than in rural areas, and large differences in poverty measures persist according to a wide range of household characteristics.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Perspective Afrique 4.1-3, A(2009): pp. 1-29|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-66, May.
- Christiaensen, Luc & Scott, Christopher & Wodon, Quentin, 2002. "Poverty Measurement and Analysis," MPRA Paper 45362, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ravallion, Martin & Shaohua Chen, 2001.
"Measuring pro-poor growth,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2666, The World Bank.
- Jeanne Koopman, 2009. "Globalization, Gender, and Poverty in the Senegal River Valley," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 253-285.
- Dorothee Boccanfuso & Antonio Estache & Luc Savard, 2009. "A Macro-Micro Analysis of the Effects of Electricity Reform in Senegal on Poverty and Distribution," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(3), pages 351-368.
- Azam, Jean-Paul & Dia, Magueye & Tsimpo, Clarence & Wodon, Quentin, 2007. "Has Growth in Senegal After the 1994 Devaluation Been Pro-Poor?," MPRA Paper 11110, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maurizio Bussolo & Rafael E. De Hoyos, 2009. "Gender Aspects of the Trade and Poverty Nexus : A Macro-Micro Approach," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13264.
- Ravallion, M. & Datt, G., 1991. "Growth and Redistribution Components of Changes in Poverty Measures," Papers 83, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:27751. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.