For shame! The effect of community cooperative context on the probability of voting
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stephen Knack & Philip Keefer, 1997. "Does Social Capital Have an Economic Payoff? A Cross-Country Investigation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1251-1288.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:60:y:1966:i:03:p:640-654_13 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:81:y:1987:i:02:p:471-490_19 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Denny, Kevin & Doyle, Orla, 2008.
"Political Interest, Cognitive Ability and Personality: Determinants of Voter Turnout in Britain,"
British Journal of Political Science,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(02), pages 291-310, April.
- Kevin Denny & Orla Doyle, 2005. "Political interest, cognitive ability and personality : determinants of voter turnout in Britain," Open Access publications 10197/946, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Kevin Denny & Orla Doyle, 2008. "Political interest, cognitive ability and personality : determinants of voter turnout in Britain," Open Access publications 10197/16, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Isaksson, Ann-Sofie & Kotsadam, Andreas & Nerman, Måns, 2012. "The Gender Gap in African Political Participation: Individual and contextual determinants," Working Papers in Economics 530, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Coleman, S., 2010.
"Russian Election Reform and the Effect of Social Conformity on Voting and the Party System: 2007 and 2008,"
Journal of the New Economic Association,
New Economic Association, issue 5, pages 73-90.
- Coleman, Stephen, 2009. "Russian Election Reform and the Effect of Social Conformity on Voting and the Party System: 2007 and 2008," MPRA Paper 13087, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Martha Kropf, 2009. "Won't You Be My Neighbor? Norms of Cooperation, Public Broadcasting, and the Collective Action Problem," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 90(3), pages 538-552.
- Coleman, Stephen, 2014. "Evolution of the Russian Political Party System under the Influence of Social Conformity: 1993-2011," MPRA Paper 59038, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stephen Coleman, 2014.
"Diffusion and spatial equilibrium of a social norm: voting participation in the United States, 1920–2008,"
Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology,
Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 1769-1783, May.
- Coleman, Stephen, 2012. "Diffusion and Spatial Equilibrium of a Social Norm: Voting Participation in the United States, 1920-2008," MPRA Paper 43509, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Isaksson, Ann-Sofie, 2010. "Political participation in Africa: Participatory inequalities and the role of resources," Working Papers in Economics 462, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics, revised 01 Oct 2010.
- repec:ucn:wpaper:10197/946 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kevin Denny & Orla Doyle, 2005. "Political interest, cognitive ability and personality : determinants of voter turnout in Britain (version 1.5)," Working Papers 200511, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
More about this item
Keywordsvoting; elections; turnout; social norms;
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:27258. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .