Riesgo crediticio derivado del riesgo cambiario: Perspectiva de una Economía Latinoamericana Parcialmente Dolarizada
[Derivative credit risk from exchange risk: Perspective of a partially dollarized Latin American economy]
Traditional risk definitions, based on supervisor’s point of view, don’t behold explicitly the existence and interaction of other important risks such as derivative credit risks from other unsecured risk by debtors of bank system in economies partially “dollarized”. One of these critical risks is derivative credit risk from exchange risk, which hasn’t been stated directly in doctrine proposed by Basel Committee. This paper settles basic criteria to analyze this risk and describes the principal consequences of issuing debt in a different currency, over credit rating, provisions and the economic capital that must be assigned in the financial entities (whose customers debt show gap currency). These regulations encourage introducing as soon as possible aggressive mechanisms of global and quantitative management of risk into the financial system, non-existent in countries like Peru.
|Date of creation:||30 Apr 2003|
|Publication status:||Published in Revista Apuntes 52 (2004): pp. 91-134|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nadeem Ul Haque & Manmohan S. Kumar & Nelson Mark & Donald J. Mathieson, 1996.
"The Economic Content of Indicators of Developing Country Creditworthiness,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 43(4), pages 688-724, December.
- International Monetary Fund, 1996. "The Economic Content of Indicators of Developing Country Creditworthiness," IMF Working Papers 96/9, International Monetary Fund.
- Rossini Miñán, Renzo, 2001. "Aspectos de la adopción de un régimen de metas de inflación en el Perú," Revista Estudios Económicos, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú, issue 7.
- Lama, Ruy, 2002. "Administración del riesgo cambiario en el sistema bancario peruano," Revista Estudios Económicos, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú, issue 8, pages 155-181.
- Richard Cantor & Frank Packer, 1996. "Determinants and impact of sovereign credit ratings," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Oct, pages 37-53.
- Richard Cantor & Frank Packer, 1996. "Determinants and impacts of sovereign credit ratings," Research Paper 9608, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Jiménez Sotelo, Renzo, 2001. "Perú: Una economía estrangulada por el descalce entre la dolarización de los pasivos financieros y la solarización del poder adquisitivo de sus agentes económicos
[Peru: An economy strangled by the," MPRA Paper 26615, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 31 Dec 2001. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:26836. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.