A Free Trade Area of the Asia Pacific (FTAAP): Is It Desirable?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hertel, Thomas W. & Kym Anderson & Joseph Francois & Will Martin, 2002. "Agriculture and Non-Agricultural Liberalization in the Millennium Round," GTAP Working Papers 235, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Deardorff, Alan V, 2001.
"International Provision of Trade Services, Trade, and Fragmentation,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 233-248, May.
- Deardorff, A.V., 2000. "International Provision of Trade Services, Trade, and Fragmentation," Working Papers 463, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Deardorff, Alan V., 2001. "International provision of trade services, trade, and fragmentation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2548, The World Bank.
- Donghyun Park & Innwon Park & Gemma Esther B. Estrada, 2009. "Prospects for ASEAN-China Free Trade Area: A Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 17(4), pages 104-120.
- Jong-Wha Lee & Innwon Park, 2005. "Free Trade Areas in East Asia: Discriminatory or Non-discriminatory?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(1), pages 21-48, January.
- Philippa Dee & Kevin Hanslow, 2002. "Multilateral liberalisation of services trade," International Trade 0207002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Deardoff, A.V. & Brown, D.K. & Stern, R.M. & Fox, A.K., 1995. "Computational Analysis of Goods and Services Liberalization in the Uruguay Round," Working Papers 379, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Drusilla K. Brown & Alan V. Deardorff & Robert M Stern, 2001. "Impacts on NAFTA Members of Multilateral and Regional Trading Arrangements and Initiatives and Harmonization of NAFTA's External Tariffs," Working Papers 471, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Arvind Panagariya, 1999. "The Regionalism Debate: An Overview," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(4), pages 477-512, June.
- Konan, Denise Eby & Maskus, Keith E., 2006.
"Quantifying the impact of services liberalization in a developing country,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 142-162, October.
- Konan Denise Eby & MASKUS Keith E., "undated". "Quantifying the Impact of Services Liberalization in a Developing Country," EcoMod2002 330800043, EcoMod.
- Konan, Denise Eby & Maskus, Keith E., 2003. "Quantifying the impact of services liberalization in a developing country," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3193, The World Bank.
- Michael G. Plummer, 2007. "'Best Practices' in Regional Trading Agreements: An Application to Asia," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(12), pages 1771-1796, December.
- Tubagus Feridhanusetyawan, 2005. "Preferential Trade Agreements in the Asia-Pacific Region," IMF Working Papers 05/149, International Monetary Fund.
- Innwon Park, 2009.
"Regional Trade Agreements in East Asia: Will They Be Sustainable? ,"
Asian Economic Journal,
East Asian Economic Association, vol. 23(2), pages 169-194, June.
- Park, Innwon, 2008. "Regional Trade Agreements in East Asia: Will They Be Sustainable?," MPRA Paper 5068, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hadi Soesastro, 2003. "Challenges to APEC Trade Policy: The Doha Development Agenda and RTAs/FTAs," CSIS Economics Working Paper Series WPE069, Centre for Strategic and International Studies, Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Carsten Kowalczyk & Raymond Riezman, 2009. "Trade Agreements," CESifo Working Paper Series 2660, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hertel, Thomas, 1997. "Global Trade Analysis: Modeling and applications," GTAP Books, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University, number 7685.
- Robert Scollay & John Gilbert, 2000. "Measuring the Gains from APEC Trade Liberalisation: An Overview of CGE Assessments," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(2), pages 175-197, February.
- Baldwin, Richard E, 1992. "Measurable Dynamic Gains from Trade," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(1), pages 162-174, February.
- Francois, Joseph & McDonald, Brad & Nordström, Håkan, 1996. "Trade Liberalization and Investment in a Multilateral Framework," CEPR Discussion Papers 1411, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Innwon Park, 2006. "East Asian Regional Trade Agreements: Do They Promote Global Free Trade?," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(4), pages 547-568, December.
- repec:idb:brikps:9163 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kawai, Masahiro & Wignaraja, Ganeshan, 2008. "Regionalism as an Engine of Multilateralism: A Case for a Single East Asian FTA," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 14, Asian Development Bank.
- Tran Van Hoa & Charles Harvie (ed.), 2008. "Regional Trade Agreements in Asia," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 12577, June.
- Park, Innwon & Park, Soonchan, 2009. "Consolidation and Harmonization of Regional Trade Agreements (RTAs): A Path Toward Global Free Trade," MPRA Paper 14217, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 23 Mar 2009.
- C. Fred Bergsten, 2007. "Toward a Free Trade Area of the Asia Pacific," Policy Briefs PB07-2, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- repec:wsi:wschap:9789812815330_0001 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bhagwati, Jagdish & Greenaway, David & Panagariya, Arvind, 1998. "Trading Preferentially: Theory and Policy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(449), pages 1128-1148, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yu Sheng & Hsiao Chink Tang & Xinpeng Xu, 2014. "The impact of the ACFTA on ASEAN--PRC trade: estimates based on an extended gravity model for component trade," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(19), pages 2251-2263, July.
- Wignaraja, Ganeshan & Ramizo, Dorothea & Burmeister, Luca, 2012.
"Asia-Latin America Free Trade Agreements: An Instrument for Inter-Regional Liberalization and Integration?,"
ADBI Working Papers
382, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Ganeshan Wignaraja & Dorothea Ramizo & Luca Burmeister, 2012. "Asia-Latin America Free Trade Agreements : An Instrument for Inter-Regional Liberalization and Integration?," Trade Working Papers 23332, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Ganeshan Wignaraja & Dorothea Ramizo & Luca Burmeister, 2012. "Asia-Latin America Free Trade Agreements : An Instrument for Inter-Regional Liberalization and Integration?," Governance Working Papers 23332, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
More about this item
KeywordsRegional Trade Agreement (RTA); APEC; FTAAP; Computable General Equilibrium (CGE); Trade in Services; Trade Facilitation;
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-11-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2010-11-20 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-INT-2010-11-20 (International Trade)
- NEP-SEA-2010-11-20 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:26680. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.