The Tradeoff of the Commons
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark Bagnoli & Ted Bergstrom, 2005. "Log-concave probability and its applications," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 26(2), pages 445-469, August.
- Chander, Parkash & Leruth, Luc, 1989.
"The optimal product mix for a monopolist in the presence of congestion effects : A model and some results,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 437-449, December.
- Chander, Parkash & Leruth, Luc., 1988. "The Optimal Product-Mix for a Monopolist in the Presence of Congestion Effect: A Model and Some Results," Working Papers 673, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Roth, Alvin E & Xing, Xiaolin, 1994. "Jumping the Gun: Imperfections and Institutions Related to the Timing of Market Transactions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 992-1044, September.
- Chakravarty, Surajeet & Kaplan, Todd R & Myles, Gareth, 2010. "The Benefits of Costly Voting," MPRA Paper 21372, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hazlett, Thomas W, 1998. "Spectrum Flash Dance: Eli Noam's Proposal for "Open Access" to Radio Waves," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(2), pages 805-820, October.
- Anthony Scott, 1955. "The Fishery: The Objectives of Sole Ownership," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63, pages 116-116.
- Noam, Eli, 1998. "Spectrum Auctions: Yesterday's Heresy, Today's Orthodoxy, Tomorrow's Anachronism. Taking the Next Step to Open Spectrum Access," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(2), pages 765-790, October.
- H. Scott Gordon, 1954. "The Economic Theory of a Common-Property Resource: The Fishery," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62, pages 124-124.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Property rights and the tragedy of the commons
by Economic Logician in Economic Logic on 2010-12-15 21:19:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cao, Xiaoyong & Gong, Jiong, 2017. "The tradeoff of the commons under stochastic use," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 150-161.
- Chakravarty, Surajeet & Kaplan, Todd R., 2013.
"Optimal allocation without transfer payments,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 1-20.
- Chakravarty, Surajeet & Kaplan, Todd R., 2006. "Optimal Allocation without Transfer Payments," MPRA Paper 18481, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 02 Mar 2009.
- Surajeet Chakravarty & Todd R. Kaplan, 2010. "Optimal Allocation without Transfer Payments," Discussion Papers 1004, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsTragedy of the Commons; Spectrum; Open Access; Appointments; Property Rights; Reservations;
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- K23 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Regulated Industries and Administrative Law
- D45 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Rationing; Licensing
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2010-11-13 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2010-11-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2010-11-13 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-IPR-2010-11-13 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-MIC-2010-11-13 (Microeconomics)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:26423. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .