Some Socio-Economic Effects of Labour Migration on the Sending Country. Evidence from Romania
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nicolae, Mariana & Radu, Bridusa Mihaela, 2007. "Socio-economic efects of the Labor Force Migration in an enlarged Europe," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 4(2), pages 44-56, June.
- Robert J. Barro, 2013. "Inflation and Economic Growth," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 14(1), pages 121-144, May.
- Louka T. Katseli & Robert E.B. Lucas & Theodora Xenogiani, 2006. "Effects of Migration on Sending Countries: What Do We Know?," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 250, OECD Publishing.
- Martin, Philippe & Rogers, Carol Ann, 1997.
"Stabilization Policy, Learning-by-Doing, and Economic Growth,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 49(2), pages 152-166, April.
- Martin, Philippe & Rogers, Carol Ann, 1995. "Stabilization Policy, Learning by Doing, and Economic Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 1130, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Silasi, Grigore & Simina, Ovidiu Laurian, 2006. "Migration, Mobility and Human Rights at the Eastern Border of the European Union - Space of Freedom and Security," MPRA Paper 12273, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Goschin, Zizi & Constantin, Daniela-Luminita & Roman, Monica, 2009. "The partnership between the state and the church against trafficking in persons," MPRA Paper 20306, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Sep 2009.
- Abigail Barr, 1995. "The missing factor: entrepreneurial networks, enterprises and economic growth in Ghana," CSAE Working Paper Series 1995-11, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Xavier Sala-I-Martin, 1997. "Transfers, Social Safety Nets, and Economic Growth," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 44(1), pages 81-102, March.
- Harry Coccossis & Peter Nijkamp, 2007. "Regional Science in Perspective," SCIENZE REGIONALI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2007(2), pages 137-140.
- Miguel León-Ledesma & Matloob Piracha, 2001. "International Migration and the Role of Remittances in Eastern Europe," Studies in Economics 0113, School of Economics, University of Kent.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roman, Monica & Goschin, Zizi, 2011. "Does religion matter? Exploring economic performance differences among Romanian emigrants," MPRA Paper 31779, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anghel, Remus Gabriel & Botezat, Alina & Cosciug, Anatolie & Manafi, Ioana & Roman, Monica, 2016.
"International migration, return migration, and their effects. A comprehensive review on the Romanian case,"
75528, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Dec 2016.
- Remus Gabriel Anghel, 2017. "International Migration, Return Migration, and their Effects. A Comprehensive Review on the Romanian Case," Discussion Papers 43, Central European Labour Studies Institute (CELSI).
- Anghel, Remus Gabriel & Botezat, Alina & Co?ciug, Anatolie & Manafi, Ioana & Roman, Monica, 2016. "International Migration, Return Migration, and their Effects: A Comprehensive Review on the Romanian Case," IZA Discussion Papers 10445, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Radu Trifan, 2015. "The Contribution of Circular Migration to Economic Growth in Developing Countries," Proceedings of FIKUSZ 2015,in: Jolán Velencei (ed.), Proceedings of FIKUSZ '15, pages 241-250 Óbuda University, Keleti Faculty of Business and Management.
- Monica ROMAN & Zizi GOSCHIN, 2014. "Return migration in an economic crisis context. A survey on Romanian healthcare professionals," Romanian Journal of Economics, Institute of National Economy, vol. 39(2(48)), pages 100-120, December.
- Zizi Goschin & Monica Roman, 2011. "Religious Affiliation And Economic Performance Of Romanian Emigrants. An Empirical Approach," ERSA conference papers ersa11p686, European Regional Science Association.
- Zachary Zimmer & Codrina Rada & Catalin Stoica, 2013. "Migration, Location and Provision of Support to Old-Age Parents: The Case of Romania," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2013_09, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
- Roman, Monica & Popescu, Madalina Ecaterina, 2014. "The effects of training on Romanian migrants’ income: a propensity score matching approach," MPRA Paper 63251, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Oct 2014.
More about this item
Keywordsregional labour migration; sending countries; human migration trends; migration impacts; Romania; transition economy;
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-07-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-EUR-2010-07-03 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-MIG-2010-07-03 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-TRA-2010-07-03 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:23527. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .