Systema Indikatorov Evraziyskoy Integracii
[The System of Indicators of Eurasian Integration]
For almost two decades, regional integration in the post-Soviet space has remained one of the most talked about issues of economic policy. There are hundreds of initiatives and projects that aim for deepened co-operation between countries in the region. At the same time, to determine the effectiveness of integration strategies a comprehensive system is needed to monitor and assess the current processes of economic, political and social interaction between countries. This can be done with the help of a system of quantitative and qualitative indicators of regional integration. It is intended that the EDB’s System of Indicators of Eurasian Integration (SIEI) should become an instrument to monitor and assess regional integration projects in the post-Soviet space. The SIEI consists of nine general and two consolidated indices that are aimed at assessing integration in the region, and cover various aspects of the regional integration process. The SIEI is built around several sets of indicators, including the integration of trade and labour markets, and co-operation in key functional areas (agriculture, education, and energy); convergence of the main characteristics of the post-Soviet economies; and qualitative performance parameters of the CIS integration groupings developed based on an expert poll. The results are valuable for the assessment of both the integration process during the last decade and the potential for integrational interaction between the countries. The SIEI includes a broad range of indices that reflect both country-to-country interaction and integration in the post-Soviet space as a whole and in its sub-regions.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Babecký, Jan & Komárek, Luboš & Komárková, Zlatuše, 2008.
"Financial Integration of Stock Markets among New EU Member States and the Euro Area,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
849, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Ian Babetskii & Luboš Komárek & Zlatuše Komárková, 2007. "Financial Integration of Stock Markets among New EU Member States and the Euro Area," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 57(7-8), pages 341-362, September.
- Ian Babetskii & Lubos Komarek & Zlatuse Komarkova, 2007. "Financial Integration of Stock Markets among New EU Member States and the Euro Area," Working Papers 2007/7, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Gary Clyde Hufbauer & Jeffrey J. Schott, 1994. "Western Hemisphere Economic Integration," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 75, May.
- Soyoung Kim & Jong‐Wha Lee, 2012.
"Real and Financial Integration in East Asia,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(2), pages 332-349, 05.
- Qin, Duo & Cagas, Marie Anne & Ducanes, Geoffrey & Magtibay-Ramos, Nedelyn & Quising, Pilipinas F., 2007. "Measuring Regional Market Integration in Developing Asia: a Dynamic Factor Error Correction Model (DF-ECM) Approach," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 8, Asian Development Bank.
- Matthieu Bussière & Jarko Fidrmuc & Bernd Schnatz, 2005.
"Trade Integration of Central and Eastern European Countries: Lessons from a Gravity Model,"
105, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Bussière, Matthieu & Fidrmuc, Jarko & Schnatz, Bernd, 2005. "Trade integration of Central and Eastern European countries: lessons from a gravity model," Working Paper Series 0545, European Central Bank.
- Dorrucci, Ettore & Firpo, Stefano & Mongelli, Francesco Paolo & Fratzscher, Marcel, 2002. "European integration: what lessons for other regions? The case of Latin America," Working Paper Series 0185, European Central Bank.
- Francesco Paolo Mongelli & Ettore Dorrucci & Itai Agur, 2005. "What does European institutional integration tell us about trade integration?," Occasional Paper Series 40, European Central Bank.
- Melanie Leiner-Killinger & Christophe Madaschi & Melanie Ward-Warmedinger, 2005. "What does European institutional integration tell us about trade integration?," Occasional Paper Series 41, European Central Bank.
- Christelis, Dimitris & Georgarakos, Dimitris & Haliassos, Michael, 2008.
"Economic integration and mature portfolios,"
CFS Working Paper Series
2008/05, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Simón Sosvilla-Rivero & Miguel Angel Galindo & Javier Alonso, .
"Tax-burden convergence in Europe,"
- Rana, Pradumna B., 2006. "Economic Integration in East Asia: Trends, Prospects, and a Possible Roadmap," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 2, Asian Development Bank.
- Ettore Dorrucci & Stefano Firpo & Marcel Fratzscher & Francesco Paolo Mongelli, 2004. "The Link between Institutional and Economic Integration: Insights for Latin America from the European Experience," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 239-260, 07.
- URATA Shujiro & John SASUYA, 2007. "An Analysis of the Restrictions on Foreign Direct Investment in Free Trade Agreements," Discussion papers 07018, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:20914. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.