Nonzero-sum Stochastic Games
This paper treats of stochastic games. We focus on nonzero-sum games and provide a detailed survey of selected recent results. In Section 1, we consider stochastic Markov games. A correlation of strategies of the players, involving ``public signals'', is described, and a correlated equilibrium theorem proved recently by Nowak and Raghavan for discounted stochastic games with general state space is presented. We also report an extension of this result to a class of undiscounted stochastic games, satisfying some uniform ergodicity condition. Stopping games are related to stochastic Markov games. In Section 2, we describe a version of Dynkin's game related to observation of a Markov process with random assignment mechanism of states to the players. Some recent contributions of the second author in this area are reported. The paper also contains a brief overview of the theory of nonzero-sum stochastic games and stopping games which is very far from being complete.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Date of revision:||1999|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nowak Andrzej S., 1994. "Zero-Sum Average Payoff Stochastic Games with General State Space," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 221-232, September.
- FORGES, Françoise, .
"An approach to communication equilibria,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-721, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Dutta, P.K., 1991. "What Do Discounted Optima Converge To? A Theory of Discount Rate Asymptotics in Economic Models," RCER Working Papers 264, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- MERTENS, Jean-François & PARTHASARATHY, T., .
"Equilibria for discounted stochastic games,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-1666, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Christopher Harris, 1991. "The Existence of Subgame-Perfect Equilibrium in Games with Simultaneous Moves," Working papers 570, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Yasuda, M., 1985. "On a randomized strategy in Neveu's stopping problem," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 159-166, December.
- Ioannis Karatzas & Martin Shubik & William D. Sudderth, 1992. "Construction of Stationary Markov Equilibria in a Strategic Market Game," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1033, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Vrieze, O J & Thuijsman, F, 1989. "On Equilibria in Repeated Games with Absorbing States," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 293-310.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:19995. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.