An Application of Ramsey Theorem to stopping Games
We prove that every two-player non zero-sum deterministic stopping game with uniformly bounded payoffs admits an e-equilibrium, for every e>0. The proof uses Ramsey Theorem that states that for every coloring of a complete infinite graph by finitely many colors there is a complete infinite subgraph which is monochromatic.
|Date of creation:||24 Jul 2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: HEC Paris, 78351 Jouy-en-Josas cedex, France|
Web page: http://www.hec.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fine, Charles H. & Li, Lode, 1989. "Equilibrium exit in stochastically declining industries," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 40-59, March.
- Eilon Solan & Nicholas Vieille, 2001.
"Quitting Games - An Example,"
1314, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- VIEILLE, Nicolas & SOLAN, Eilon, 2001. "Quitting games - an example," Les Cahiers de Recherche 747, HEC Paris.
- Eilon Solan & Nicolas Vieille, 2003. "Quitting games – An example," Post-Print hal-00464962, HAL.
- Eilon Solan & Nicolas Vieille, 2002. "Quitting games - An example," Working Papers hal-00242995, HAL.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/6017 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dinah Rosenberg & Nicolas Vieille & Eilon Solan, 2001.
"Stopping games with randomized strategies,"
- Vrieze, O J & Thuijsman, F, 1989. "On Equilibria in Repeated Games with Absorbing States," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 18(3), pages 293-310.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebg:heccah:0746. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sandra Dupouy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.