Multi-player stopping games with redistribution of payoffs and BSDEs with oblique reflection
We examine the connections between a novel class of multi-person stopping games with redistribution of payoffs and multi-dimensional reflected BSDEs in discrete- and continuous-time frameworks. Our goal is to provide an essential extension of classic results for two-player stopping games (Dynkin games) to the multi-player framework. We show the link between certain multi-period m-player stopping games and a new kind of m-dimensional reflected BSDEs. The existence and uniqueness of a solution to continuous-time reflected BSDEs are established. Continuous-time redistribution games are constructed with the help of reflected BSDEs and a characterization of the value of such stopping games is provided.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 124 (2014)
Issue (Month): 8 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/6017 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hamadène, Said & Zhang, Jianfeng, 2010. "Switching problem and related system of reflected backward SDEs," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 120(4), pages 403-426, April.
- N. El Karoui & S. Peng & M. C. Quenez, 1997. "Backward Stochastic Differential Equations in Finance," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(1), pages 1-71.
- Cohen, Samuel N. & Elliott, Robert J., 2010. "A general theory of finite state Backward Stochastic Difference Equations," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 120(4), pages 442-466, April.
- Matoussi, Anis, 1997. "Reflected solutions of backward stochastic differential equations with continuous coefficient," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 347-354, June.
- Eilon Solan & Nicholas Vieille, 2001.
"Quitting Games - An Example,"
1314, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Eilon Solan & Nicolas Vieille, 2002. "Quitting games - An example," Working Papers hal-00242995, HAL.
- VIEILLE, Nicolas & SOLAN, Eilon, 2001. "Quitting games - an example," Les Cahiers de Recherche 747, HEC Paris.
- Eilon Solan & Nicolas Vieille, 2003. "Quitting games – An example," Post-Print hal-00464962, HAL.
- Rida Laraki & Eilon Solan, 2012. "Equilibrium in Two-Player Nonzero-Sum Dynkin Games in Continuous Time," Working Papers hal-00753508, HAL.
- Yasuda, M., 1985. "On a randomized strategy in Neveu's stopping problem," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 159-166, December.
- Hamadène, S., 1998. "Backward-forward SDE's and stochastic differential games," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 1-15, September.
- Hamadène, S. & Lepeltier, J. -P., 2000. "Reflected BSDEs and mixed game problem," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 177-188, February.
- repec:spr:compst:v:66:y:2007:i:3:p:531-544 is not listed on IDEAS Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spapps:v:124:y:2014:i:8:p:2672-2698. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.