Quadratic Reflected BSDEs with Unbounded Obstacles
In this paper, we analyze a real-valued reflected backward stochastic differential equation (RBSDE) with an unbounded obstacle and an unbounded terminal condition when its generator $f$ has quadratic growth in the $z$-variable. In particular, we obtain existence, comparison, and stability results, and consider the optimal stopping for quadratic $g$-evaluations. As an application of our results we analyze the obstacle problem for semi-linear parabolic PDEs in which the non-linearity appears as the square of the gradient. Finally, we prove a comparison theorem for these obstacle problems when the generator is convex or concave in the $z$-variable.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Matoussi, Anis, 1997. "Reflected solutions of backward stochastic differential equations with continuous coefficient," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 347-354, June.
- Bayraktar, Erhan & Yao, Song, 2011.
"Optimal stopping for non-linear expectations--Part I,"
Stochastic Processes and their Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 121(2), pages 185-211, February.
- Bayraktar, Erhan & Yao, Song, 2011. "Optimal stopping for non-linear expectations--Part II," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 121(2), pages 212-264, February.
- Lepeltier, J. P. & San Martin, J., 1997. "Backward stochastic differential equations with continuous coefficient," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 425-430, April.
- N. El Karoui & S. Peng & M. C. Quenez, 1997. "Backward Stochastic Differential Equations in Finance," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(1), pages 1-71.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1005.3565. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.