Quadratic Reflected BSDEs with Unbounded Obstacles
In this paper, we analyze a real-valued reflected backward stochastic differential equation (RBSDE) with an unbounded obstacle and an unbounded terminal condition when its generator $f$ has quadratic growth in the $z$-variable. In particular, we obtain existence, comparison, and stability results, and consider the optimal stopping for quadratic $g$-evaluations. As an application of our results we analyze the obstacle problem for semi-linear parabolic PDEs in which the non-linearity appears as the square of the gradient. Finally, we prove a comparison theorem for these obstacle problems when the generator is convex or concave in the $z$-variable.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bayraktar, Erhan & Yao, Song, 2011.
"Optimal stopping for non-linear expectations--Part II,"
Stochastic Processes and their Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 121(2), pages 212-264, February.
- Bayraktar, Erhan & Yao, Song, 2011. "Optimal stopping for non-linear expectations--Part I," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 121(2), pages 185-211, February.
- N. El Karoui & S. Peng & M. C. Quenez, 1997. "Backward Stochastic Differential Equations in Finance," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(1), pages 1-71.
- Lepeltier, J. P. & San Martin, J., 1997. "Backward stochastic differential equations with continuous coefficient," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 425-430, April.
- Matoussi, Anis, 1997. "Reflected solutions of backward stochastic differential equations with continuous coefficient," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 347-354, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1005.3565. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.