Dynamics in Art of War
This paper examines basic principles in Sun Tzu’s classic treatise Art of War. In a dynamic decision-theoretic model, there is a potential conflict between two sides. The comparative statics results show precise conditions under which the principles of strategic fighting in Art of War hold.
Volume (Year): 86 (2017)
Issue (Month): C ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505565|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Olivier Compte & Philippe Jehiel, 2002. "On the Role of Outside Options in Bargaining with Obstinate Parties," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(4), pages 1477-1517, July.
- Dinah Rosenberg & Eilon Solan & Nicolas Vieille, 1999.
"Stopping Games with Randomized Strategies,"
1258, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Dinah Rosenberg & Nicolas Vieille & Eilon Solan, 2001. "Stopping games with randomized strategies," Post-Print hal-00465029, HAL.
- Fearon, James D., 1995. "Rationalist explanations for war," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 49(03), pages 379-414, June.
- Daron Acemoglu & James A. Robinson, 2001. "A Theory of Political Transitions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(4), pages 938-963, September.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Robinson, James A, 1999. "A Theory of Political Transitions," CEPR Discussion Papers 2277, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Daron Acemoglu & James Robinson, 1999. "A Theory of Political Transitions," Working papers 99-26, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:98:y:2004:i:02:p:231-241_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stéphane Villeneuve & Erik Ekstrom, 2006. "On the Value of Optimal Stopping Games," Post-Print hal-00173182, HAL.
- Erik Ekstr\"om & Stephane Villeneuve, 2006. "On the value of optimal stopping games," Papers math/0610324, arXiv.org.
- Powell, Robert, 2006. "War as a Commitment Problem," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 60(01), pages 169-203, January.
- John K.-H. Quah & Bruno Strulovici, 2013. "Discounting, Values, and Decisions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 121(5), pages 896-939.
- Dilip Abreu & Faruk Gul, 2000. "Bargaining and Reputation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(1), pages 85-118, January.
- D. Abreu & F. Gul, 1998. "Bargaining and Reputation," Princeton Economic Theory Papers 00s9, Economics Department, Princeton University.
- Yoshio Ohtsubo, 1987. "A Nonzero-Sum Extension of Dynkin's Stopping Problem," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 12(2), pages 277-296, May.
- Abreu, Dilip & Pearce, David & Stacchetti, Ennio, 1990. "Toward a Theory of Discounted Repeated Games with Imperfect Monitoring," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(5), pages 1041-1063, September.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:87:y:1993:i:01:p:115-132_09 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yasuda, M., 1985. "On a randomized strategy in Neveu's stopping problem," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 159-166, December.
- Garfinkel, Michelle R. & Skaperdas, Stergios, 2007. "Economics of Conflict: An Overview," Handbook of Defense Economics, Elsevier.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:matsoc:v:86:y:2017:i:c:p:51-58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.