Social Interaction in Patients'�Hospital Choice: Evidences from Italy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Edward L. Glaeser & Bruce Sacerdote & José A. Scheinkman, 1996.
"Crime and Social Interactions,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 111(2), pages 507-548.
- Edward E. Glaeser & Bruce Sacerdote & Jose A. Scheinkman, 1995. "Crime and Social Interactions," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1738, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Bruce Sacerdote & Jose A. Scheinkman, 1995. "Crime and Social Interactions," NBER Working Papers 5026, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brock, William A. & Durlauf, Steven N., 2001. "Interactions-based models," Handbook of Econometrics,in: J.J. Heckman & E.E. Leamer (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 5, chapter 54, pages 3297-3380 Elsevier.
- Revelli, Federico, 2006.
"Performance rating and yardstick competition in social service provision,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 459-475, February.
- Federico Revelli, 2004. "Performance Rating and Yardstick Competition in Social Service Provision," CESifo Working Paper Series 1270, CESifo Group Munich.
- Patrick S. Romano & Ryan Mutter, 2004. "The Evolving Science of Quality Measurement for Hospitals: Implications for Studies of Competition and Consolidation," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 131-157, June.
- Berta, Paolo & Callea, Giuditta & Martini, Gianmaria & Vittadini, Giorgio, 2010.
"The effects of upcoding, cream skimming and readmissions on the Italian hospitals efficiency: A population-based investigation,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 812-821, July.
- Berta, P & Callea, G & Martini, G & Vittadini, G, 2009. "The effects of upcoding, cream skimming and readmissions on the Italian hospitals efficiency: a population–based investigation," MPRA Paper 17671, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniel Birke, 2009.
"The Economics Of Networks: A Survey Of The Empirical Literature,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(4), pages 762-793, September.
- Daniel Birke, 2008. "The economics of networks - A survey of the empirical literature," Occasional Papers 22, Industrial Economics Division.
- Tay, Abigail, 2003. " Assessing Competition in Hospital Care Markets: The Importance of Accounting for Quality Differentiation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 34(4), pages 786-814, Winter.
- Deri, Catherine, 2005. "Social networks and health service utilization," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 1076-1107, November.
- Daniel P. Kessler & Mark B. McClellan, 2000. "Is Hospital Competition Socially Wasteful?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(2), pages 577-615.
- Aizer, Anna & Currie, Janet, 2004.
"Networks or neighborhoods? Correlations in the use of publicly-funded maternity care in California,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(12), pages 2573-2585, December.
- Anna Aizer & Janet Currie, 2002. "Networks or Neighborhoods? Correlations in the Use of Publicly-Funded Maternity Care in California," NBER Working Papers 9209, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brock,W.A. & Durlauf,S.N., 2003. "Multinomial choice with social interactions," Working papers 1, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Jonathan Skinner & Douglas Staiger, 2007.
"Technology Adoption from Hybrid Corn to Beta-Blockers,"
NBER Chapters,in: Hard-to-Measure Goods and Services: Essays in Honor of Zvi Griliches, pages 545-570
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan Skinner & Douglas Staiger, 2005. "Technology adoption from hybrid corn to beta blockers," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Jonathan Skinner & Douglas Staiger, 2005. "Technology Adoption From Hybrid Corn to Beta Blockers," NBER Working Papers 11251, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dana Goldman & John A. Romley, 2008. "Hospitals As Hotels: The Role of Patient Amenities in Hospital Demand," NBER Working Papers 14619, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Yen, Yin-Fang, 2014.
"Hospital treatment rates and spillover effects: Does ownership matter?,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 193-202.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Yin-Fang Yen, 2014. "Hospital Treatment Rates and Spillover Effects: Does Ownership Matter?," CESifo Working Paper Series 4664, CESifo Group Munich.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Yin-Fang Yen, 2014. "Hospital Treatment Rates and Spill-Over Effects: Does Ownership Matter?," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 165, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
More about this item
Keywordshealth care; social interaction; quality;
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- H00 - Public Economics - - General - - - General
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-10-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2009-10-17 (Health Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2009-10-17 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-URE-2009-10-17 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:17783. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .