Can Denmark’s Flexicurity System Be Replicated In Developing Countries? The Case Of Turkey
Finding a new balance between flexibility and security is a big challenge for all. According to the European Council “Providing the right balance between flexibility and security will support the competitiveness of firms, increase quality and productivity at work and help firms and workers to adapt to economic change”. Denmark provides an interesting combination of high labor market dynamism and relatively high social protection –the so-called flexicurity approach. The Danish model of flexicurity points to a third way between the flexibility often attributed to deregulated Anglo-Saxon countries and strict job protection characterising Southern European countries. In this paper, the Danish case of flexicurity will be analyzed and the answers of these questions will be searched: Can a new balance between flexibility and security solve labor market problems of developing world? Can Denmark’s flexicurity system be replicated in developing countries? Can a new flexicurity system be improved for developing countries?
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- André Sapir, 2006.
"Globalization and the reform of European social models,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/167139, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- André Sapir, 2006. "Globalization and the Reform of European Social Models," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 369-390, 06.
- André Sapir, 2005. "Globalisation and the reform of European social models," Policy Contributions 31, Bruegel.
- André Sapir, 2006. "Globalisation and the reform of European social models," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8112, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Tangian, Andranik S., 2005. "Monitoring flexicurity policies in the EU with dedicated composite indicators," WSI Working Papers 137, The Institute of Economic and Social Research (WSI), Hans-Böckler-Foundation.
- Erol Taymaz & Sule Ozler, 2004. "Labor Market Policies and EU Accession: Problems and Prospects for Turkey," ERC Working Papers 0405, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Mar 2004.
- Tangian, Andranik S., 2004. "Defining the flexicurity index in application to European countries," WSI Working Papers 122, The Institute of Economic and Social Research (WSI), Hans-Böckler-Foundation.
- Paul VANDENBERG, 2010. "Is Asia adopting flexicurity?," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 149(1), pages 31-58, 03.
- Leschke, Janine & Schmid, Günther & Griga, Dorit, 2006. "On the marriage of flexibility and security: Lessons from the Hartz-reforms in Germany," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Labor Market Policy and Employment SP I 2006-108, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:17470. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.