Bayes reliability measures of Lognormal and inverse Gaussian distributions under ML-II ε-contaminated class of prior distributions
In this paper we employ ML-II ε-contaminated class of priors to study the sensitivity of Bayes Reliability measures for an Inverse Gaussian (IG) distribution and Lognormal (LN) distribution to misspecification in the prior. The numerical illustrations suggest that reliability measures of both the distributions are not sensitive to moderate amount of misspecification in prior distributions belonging to the class of ML-II ε-contaminated.
|Date of creation:||29 Jul 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aase, Knut K., 2000. "An equilibrium asset pricing model based on Lévy processes: relations to stochastic volatility, and the survival hypothesis," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 345-363, December.
- Martín, J. & Pérez, C.J., 2009. "Bayesian analysis of a generalized lognormal distribution," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 1377-1387, February.
- James Berger & Elías Moreno & Luis Pericchi & M. Bayarri & José Bernardo & Juan Cano & Julián Horra & Jacinto Martín & David Ríos-Insúa & Bruno Betrò & A. Dasgupta & Paul Gustafson & Larry Wasserman &, 1994. "An overview of robust Bayesian analysis," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 5-124, June.
- Whitmore, G. A., 1976. "Management applications of the inverse gaussian distribution," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 215-223.
- Pankaj Sinha & Ashok Bansal, 2008. "Bayesian optimization analysis with ML-II ε-contaminated prior," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(2), pages 203-211.
- Saralees Nadarajah & Samuel Kotz, 2007. "Inverse Gaussian random variables with application to price indices," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(9), pages 673-677.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:16528. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.