Robustness of Bayesian results for Inverse Gaussian distribution under ML-II epsilon-contaminated and Edgeworth Series class of prior distributions
This paper aims to study the sensitivity of Bayes estimate of location parameter of an Inverse Gaussian (IG) distribution to misspecification in the prior distribution. It also studies the effect of misspecification of the prior distribution on two-sided predictive limits for a future observation from IG population. Two prior distributions, a class ML-II ε-contaminated and Edgeworth Series (ESD), are employed for the location parameter of an IG distribution, to investigate the effect of misspecification in the priors. The numerical illustrations suggest that moderate amount of misspecification in prior distributions belonging to the class of ML-II ε-contaminated and ESD does not affect the Bayesian results.
|Date of creation:||17 May 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Saralees Nadarajah & Samuel Kotz, 2007. "Inverse Gaussian random variables with application to price indices," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(9), pages 673-677.
- Aase, Knut K., 2000. "An equilibrium asset pricing model based on Lévy processes: relations to stochastic volatility, and the survival hypothesis," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 345-363, December.
- Whitmore, G. A., 1976. "Management applications of the inverse gaussian distribution," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 215-223.
- Pankaj Sinha & Ashok Bansal, 2008. "Bayesian optimization analysis with ML-II ε-contaminated prior," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(2), pages 203-211.
- James Berger & Elías Moreno & Luis Pericchi & M. Bayarri & José Bernardo & Juan Cano & Julián Horra & Jacinto Martín & David Ríos-Insúa & Bruno Betrò & A. Dasgupta & Paul Gustafson & Larry Wasserman &, 1994. "An overview of robust Bayesian analysis," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 5-124, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:15396. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.