Educational breakthrough in eritrea: some expectations and outcomes
The ongoing national reconstruction process of Eritrea is centered on the educational reformation. The Government of Eritrea has developed educational policy on top priority of national development which demands the emergence of new class of trained youth blended with disciplined mind with skill instead of raw graduation. In this line, it laid down new policies and curricula suit to the immediate national scenario. It had installed about eight colleges at tertiary level within a short span of time to build manpower resource required for present and future. This article analyses the strengths and weakness of the policies, planning and the infrastructure requirements to meet the intended goal. The outcome of the educational reformation is expected to have a profound effect on the development of the Nation. Hence, it becomes curious watch for the educational reformists around the globe.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Indian Journal of Science and Technology 1.1(2007): pp. 1-12|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kremer, Michael & Chen, Daniel L, 2002.
"Income Distribution Dynamics with Endogenous Fertility,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 227-58, September.
- Michael Kremer & Daniel Chen, 2000. "Income-distribution Dynamics with Endogenous Fertility," NBER Working Papers 7530, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel Chen & Michael Kremer, 1999. "Income-Distribution Dynamics with Endogenous Fertility," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 155-160, May.
- Barro, Robert J. & Lee, Jong-Wha, 1993.
"International comparisons of educational attainment,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 363-394, December.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 1993. "International Comparisons of Educational Attainment," NBER Working Papers 4349, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rena, Ravinder, 2007. "Financing Education And Development In Eritrea – Some Implications," MPRA Paper 11048, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2007.
- Rena, Ravinder, 2004. "Eritrean Education - Retrospect And Prospect," MPRA Paper 10313, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 19 Dec 2004.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:11347. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.