Distance Education And Its Potential For The Red Sea Nation Eritrea: A Discourse
All over the world, distance mode of education is gaining a momentum and becoming more popular than conventional education. It is a system in which schools, universities and other educational agencies offer instruction wholly or partly by mail. Eritrea, a newly independent country in Africa has been facing many challenges particularly in its education sector. It does not have sufficient educational institutions at tertiary level, thus, distance learning which is more cost effective, could be an alternative method of higher education for this country. The distance education programme could promote higher education by providing access to large number of urban people and disadvantaged groups in rural and remote areas including working people, fighters, women and other adults. An attempt has been made in this paper to discuss various issues related to the establishment and development of distance education. It also provides the distance education programmes that so far undertaken in Eritrea and highlights the potential for the distance education in the country.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Publication status:||Published in Australian Journal of Adult Learning 3.47(2007): pp. 492-519|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rena, Ravinder, 2006. "CHALLENGES IN INTRODUCING DISTANCE EDUCATION PROGRAMME IN ERITREA:Some Observations and Implications," MPRA Paper 10582, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rena, Ravinder, 2004. "Financing Of Education In Eritrea - A Case Study Of Zoba Maekel," MPRA Paper 10314, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jan 2005.
- Rena, Ravinder, 2004. "Gender Disparity in Education – An Eritrean Perspective," MPRA Paper 10315, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2004.
- Rena, Ravinder, 2004. "Eritrean Education - Retrospect And Prospect," MPRA Paper 10313, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 19 Dec 2004.
- Rena, Ravinder, 2006. "Education And Human Resource Development In Post-Independent Eritrea – An Explanatory Note," MPRA Paper 10366, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Aug 2006.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:11139. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.