Islamic Economics: A Survey of the Literature
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Timur Kuran, 2004. "Why the Middle East is Economically Underdeveloped: Historical Mechanisms of Institutional Stagnation," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 18(3), pages 71-90, Summer.
- Ahmed, Habib, 2004.
"Role of Zakah and Awqaf in Poverty Alleviation (Occasional Paper),"
201, The Islamic Research and Teaching Institute (IRTI).
- Ahmed, Habib, 2004. "Role of Zakah and Awqaf in poverty Alleviation (Occasional Paper)," Occasional Papers 8, The Islamic Research and Teaching Institute (IRTI).
- Kirchgassner, Gebhard, 2005.
"(Why) are economists different?,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 543-562, September.
- Gebhard Kirchgässner, 2004. "(Why) Are Economists Different?," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2004 2004-18, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Gebhard Kirchgässner, 2005. "(Why) Are Economists Different?," CESifo Working Paper Series 1396, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ariff, Mohamed, 1998. "The Malaysian Economic Experience And Its Relevance For The Oic Member Countries," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 6, pages 1-41.
- B. Elhiraika, Adam, 2004. "On the Design and Effects of Monetary Policy in an Islamic Framework: The Experience of Sudan (Research Paper)," Occasional Papers 203, The Islamic Research and Teaching Institute (IRTI).
- Zarqa, Muhammad Anas, 1994. "Financing And Investment In Awqaf Projects: A Non-Technical Introduction," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 1, pages 55-62.
- Faruk Gul & Wolfgang Pesendorfer, 2007. "Welfare without Happiness," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(2), pages 471-476, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Noha Farrag & Hebatallah Ghoneim, 2016. "Challenges to the Development of an Islamic Economic System," Working Papers 42, The German University in Cairo, Faculty of Management Technology.
- Asad Zaman, 2014. "Islam versus economics," Chapters,in: Handbook on Islam and Economic Life, chapter 3, pages iii-iii Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Faical Boutayeba, Mohammed Benhamida, Souad Guesmi, 2014. "Ethics in Islamic Economics," Annales. Ethics in Economic Life, University of Lodz, Faculty of Economics and Sociology, vol. 17(4), pages 111-121, December.
- Mehmet Asutay, 2013. "Islamic moral economy as the foundation of Islamic finance," Chapters,in: Islamic Finance in Europe, chapter 4, pages 55-68 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Małgorzata Czerny, 2016. "Wpływ zasad religijnych na ukształtowanie systemu rachunkowości / The Influence of Religious Principles on the Formation of the Accounting System," Annales. Ethics in Economic Life, University of Lodz, Faculty of Economics and Sociology, vol. 19(2), pages 111-128, May.
- Nazim Zaman & Mehmet Asutay, 2009. "Divergence Between Aspirations And Realities Of Islamic Economics: A Political Economy Approach To Bridging The Divide," IIUM Journal of Economics and Management, IIUM Journal of Economis and Management, vol. 17(1), pages 73-96, June.
- Soldatos, Gerasimos T., 2015. "A Critical Overview of Islamic Economics from a Welfare-State Perspective," MPRA Paper 70066, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2016.
- Volker Nienhaus, 2014. "Religion and development," Chapters,in: Handbook on Islam and Economic Life, chapter 28, pages iii-iii Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
KeywordsIslamic Economics; Neoclassical Economics;
- Z12 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Religion
- B59 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-10-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2008-10-21 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-HIS-2008-10-21 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2008-10-21 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:11024. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .