Islamic Economics: A Survey of the Literature
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kirchgassner, Gebhard, 2005.
"(Why) are economists different?,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 543-562, September.
- Gebhard Kirchgässner, 2004. "(Why) Are Economists Different?," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2004 2004-18, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Gebhard Kirchgässner, 2005. "(Why) Are Economists Different?," CESifo Working Paper Series 1396, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ariff, Mohamed, 1998. "The Malaysian Economic Experience And Its Relevance For The Oic Member Countries," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 6, pages 1-41.
- B. Elhiraika, Adam, 2004. "On the Design and Effects of Monetary Policy in an Islamic Framework: The Experience of Sudan (Research Paper)," Occasional Papers 203, The Islamic Research and Teaching Institute (IRTI).
- Ahmed, Habib, 2004.
"Role of Zakah and Awqaf in poverty Alleviation (Occasional Paper),"
8, The Islamic Research and Teaching Institute (IRTI).
- Ahmed, Habib, 2004. "Role of Zakah and Awqaf in Poverty Alleviation (Occasional Paper)," Occasional Papers 201, The Islamic Research and Teaching Institute (IRTI).
- Zarqa, Muhammad Anas, 1994. "Financing And Investment In Awqaf Projects: A Non-Technical Introduction," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 1, pages 55-62.
- Timur Kuran, 2004. "Why the Middle East is Economically Underdeveloped: Historical Mechanisms of Institutional Stagnation," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 18(3), pages 71-90, Summer.
- Faruk Gul & Wolfgang Pesendorfer, 2007. "Welfare without Happiness," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(2), pages 471-476, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nazim Zaman & Mehmet Asutay, 2009. "Divergence Between Aspirations And Realities Of Islamic Economics: A Political Economy Approach To Bridging The Divide," IIUM Journal of Economics and Management, IIUM Journal of Economis and Management, vol. 17(1), pages 73-96, June.
- Noha Farrag & Hebatallah Ghoneim, 2016. "Challenges to the Development of an Islamic Economic System," Working Papers 42, The German University in Cairo, Faculty of Management Technology.
- Asad Zaman, 2014. "Islam versus economics," Chapters,in: Handbook on Islam and Economic Life, chapter 3, pages iii-iii Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Faical Boutayeba, Mohammed Benhamida, Souad Guesmi, 2014. "Ethics in Islamic Economics," Annales. Ethics in Economic Life, University of Lodz, Faculty of Economics and Sociology, vol. 17(4), pages 111-121, December.
- Soldatos, Gerasimos T., 2015. "A Critical Overview of Islamic Economics from a Welfare-State Perspective," MPRA Paper 70066, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2016.
- Mehmet Asutay, 2013. "Islamic moral economy as the foundation of Islamic finance," Chapters,in: Islamic Finance in Europe, chapter 4, pages 55-68 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Volker Nienhaus, 2014. "Religion and development," Chapters,in: Handbook on Islam and Economic Life, chapter 28, pages iii-iii Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Małgorzata Czerny, 2016. "Wpływ zasad religijnych na ukształtowanie systemu rachunkowości / The Influence of Religious Principles on the Formation of the Accounting System," Annales. Ethics in Economic Life, University of Lodz, Faculty of Economics and Sociology, vol. 19(2), pages 111-128, May.
More about this item
KeywordsIslamic Economics; Neoclassical Economics;
- Z12 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Religion
- B59 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-10-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2008-10-21 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-HIS-2008-10-21 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2008-10-21 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:11024. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.