Contracts, Behavior, and the Land-Assembly Problem:An Experimental Study
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cadigan, John & Schmitt, Pamela & Shupp, Robert & Swope, Kurtis, 2011.
"The holdout problem and urban sprawl: Experimental evidence,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 72-81, January.
- Kurtis Swope & Pamela Schmitt & John Cadigan & Robert Shupp, 2009. "The Holdout Problem and Urban Sprawl: Experimental Evidence," Departmental Working Papers 24, United States Naval Academy Department of Economics.
- Thomas J. Miceli & Kathleen Segerson, 2007. "A Bargaining Model of Holdouts and Takings," American Law and Economics Review, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(1), pages 160-174.
- Miceli, Thomas J. & Sirmans, C.F., 2007. "The holdout problem, urban sprawl, and eminent domain," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3-4), pages 309-319, November.
- Schmitz, Patrick W., 2008.
"Incomplete contracts, the hold-up problem, and asymmetric information,"
Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 119-122, April.
- Schmitz, Patrick W, 2007. "Incomplete Contracts, the Hold-Up Problem and Asymmetric Information," CEPR Discussion Papers 6322, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ed Nosal, 2007. "Private takings," Working Paper 0713, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Ellingsen, Tore & Robles, Jack, 2002.
"Does Evolution Solve the Hold-Up Problem?,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 28-53, April.
- Tore Ellingsen & Jack Robles, 2000. "Does Evolution Solve the Hold-up Problem," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1525, Econometric Society.
- Ellingsen, Tore & Robles, Jack, 2000. "Does Evolution Solve the Hold-up Problem?," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 358, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Menezes, Flavio & Pitchford, Rohan, 2004.
"The land assembly problem revisited,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 155-162, March.
- Menezes, Flavio Marques & Pitchford, Rohan, 2001. "The land assembly problem revisited," FGV/EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 427, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Tore Ellingsen & Magnus Johannesson, 2004.
"Is There a Hold-up Problem?,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 106(3), pages 475-494, October.
- Ellingsen, Tore & Johannesson, Magnus, 2000. "Is There a Hold-up Problem?," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 357, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Flavio Menezes & Rohan Pitchford, 2004. "A model of seller holdout," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 24(2), pages 231-253, August.
- Eckart, Wolfgang, 1985. "On the land assembly problem," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 364-378, November.
- John Cadigan & Pamela Schmitt & Robert Shupp & Kurtis Swope1, 2009.
"An Experimental Study of the Holdout Problem in a Multilateral Bargaining Game,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 344-457, October.
- Kurtis Swope & Pamela Schmitt & John Cadigan & Robert Shupp, 2008. "An Experimental Study of the Holdout Problem in a Multilateral Bargaining Game," Departmental Working Papers 21, United States Naval Academy Department of Economics.
- Gneezy, Uri & Haruvy, Ernan & Roth, Alvin E., 2003. "Bargaining under a deadline: evidence from the reverse ultimatum game," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 347-368, November.
- Strange William C., 1995. "Information, Holdouts, and Land Assembly," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 317-332, November.
- Stephanie Lau, 2008. "Information and bargaining in the hold-up problem," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 39(1), pages 266-282.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sean M. Collins & R. Mark Isaac, 2012. "Holdout: Existence, Information, and Contingent Contracting," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55(4), pages 793-814.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:usn:usnawp:29. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ednavus.html .