A Critical Overview of Islamic Economics from a Welfare-State Perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jerry Evensky, 1993. "Retrospectives: Ethics and the Invisible Hand," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(2), pages 197-205, Spring.
- Diamond, Douglas W & Dybvig, Philip H, 1986. "Banking Theory, Deposit Insurance, and Bank Regulation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(1), pages 55-68, January.
- Gerasimos T. Soldatos & Erotokritos Varelas, 2014. "A Letter on Full-Reserve Banking and Friedman’s Rule in Chicago Tradition," Credit and Capital Markets, Credit and Capital Markets, vol. 47(4), pages 677-687.
- Jerry Evensky, 2005. "Adam Smith's Theory of Moral Sentiments: On Morals and Why They Matter to a Liberal Society of Free People and Free Markets," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(3), pages 109-130, Summer.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1996.
"Golden Fetters: The Gold Standard and the Great Depression, 1919-1939,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780195101133.
- Barry Eichengreen, 1992. "Golden Fetters: The Gold Standard and the Great Depression, 1919-1939," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number eich92-1, December.
- Shams, Rasul, 2004. "A Critical Assessment of Islamic Economics," HWWA Discussion Papers 281, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:27:y:1993:i:3:p:793-812 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shams, Rasul, 2004. "A Critical Assessment of Islamic Economics," Discussion Paper Series 26295, Hamburg Institute of International Economics.
- Zaman, Asad, 2008. "Islamic Economics: A Survey of the Literature," MPRA Paper 11024, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gavin Kennedy, 2009. "Adam Smith and the Invisible Hand: From Metaphor to Myth," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 6(2), pages 239-263, May.
More about this item
KeywordsIslamic economics; Deduction vs. theologically induced induction; Homo economicus; Riba (exploitation); Welfare State;
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- D64 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Altruism; Philanthropy; Intergenerational Transfers
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- P48 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - Political Economy; Legal Institutions; Property Rights; Natural Resources; Energy; Environment; Regional Studies
- P51 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Analysis of Economic Systems
- Z12 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Religion
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:70066. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .