Derivatives Usage in Risk Management by Non-Financial Firms: Evidence from Greece
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Henk Berkman & Michael E. Bradbury, 1996. "Empirical Evidence on the Corporate Use of Derivatives," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 25(2), Summer.
- Mian, Shehzad L., 1996. "Evidence on Corporate Hedging Policy," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(03), pages 419-439, September.
- Bartram, S.M., 2000.
"Corporate Risk Management as a Lever for Shareholder Value Creation,"
00-58, Southern California - School of Business Administration.
- Sohnke M. Bartram, 2001. "Corporate Risk Management as a Lever for Shareholder Value Creation," Finance 0108002, EconWPA, revised 10 Aug 2001.
- Guay, Wayne & Kothari, S. P, 2003. "How much do firms hedge with derivatives?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 423-461, December.
- Peter Tufano, 1998. "Agency Costs of Corporate Risk Management," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 27(1), Spring.
- Bodnar, Gordon M. & Gebhardt, Günther, 1998.
"Derivatives usage in risk management by U.S. and German non-financial firms: A comparative survey,"
CFS Working Paper Series
1998/17, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Bodnar, G.M. & Gebhart, G., 1998. "Derivatives Usage in Risk Management by US and German Non-Financial Firms: A Comparative Survey," Weiss Center Working Papers 98-03, Wharton School - Weiss Center for International Financial Research.
- Gordon M. Bodnar & Gunther Gebhardt, 1998. "Derivatives Usage in Risk Management by US and German Non-Financial Firms: A Comparative Survey," NBER Working Papers 6705, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oosterhof, Casper M., 2001. "Corporate risk management: an overview," Research Report 01E06, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Joseph, Nathan Lael & Hewins, Robin David, 1997. "The Motives for Corporate Hedging among UK Multinationals," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 2(2), pages 151-171, April.
- Söhnke M. Bartram & Gregory W. Brown & Frank R. Fehle, 2009.
"International Evidence on Financial Derivatives Usage,"
Financial Management Association International, vol. 38(1), pages 185-206, March.
- Sohnke M. Bartram & Gregory W. Brown & Frank R. Fehle, 2003. "International Evidence on Financial Derivatives Usage," Finance 0307003, EconWPA, revised 24 Jul 2003.
- Gregory W. Brown & Peter R. Crabb & David Haushalter, 2006. "Are Firms Successful at Selective Hedging?," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(6), pages 2925-2950, November.
- Gordon M. Bodnar & Gregory S. Hayt & Richard C. Marston, 1998. "1998 Wharton Survey of Financial Risk Management by US Non-Financial Firms," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 27(4), Winter.
- Guay, Wayne R., 1999. "The impact of derivatives on firm risk: An empirical examination of new derivative users1," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1-3), pages 319-351, January.
- repec:dgr:rugsom:01e06 is not listed on IDEAS
- Geczy, Christopher & Minton, Bernadette A & Schrand, Catherine, 1997. " Why Firms Use Currency Derivatives," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(4), pages 1323-1354, September.
- Nance, Deana R & Smith, Clifford W, Jr & Smithson, Charles W, 1993. " On the Determinants of Corporate Hedging," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(1), pages 267-284, March.
- Hoa Nguyen & Robert Faff, 2003. "Further Evidence on the Corporate Use of Derivatives in Australia: The Case of Foreign Currency and Interest Rate Instruments," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 28(3), pages 307-317, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kim, Kyoung-Kuk & Park, Kun Soo, 2014. "Transferring and sharing exchange-rate risk in a risk-averse supply chain of a multinational firm," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 237(2), pages 634-648.
More about this item
Keywordsrisk management; financial risk; derivatives; corporate finance; Greece;
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-10-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CFN-2008-10-13 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-FMK-2008-10-13 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-RMG-2008-10-13 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:10945. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.